❦ Chapter 4 ❦ || I'm a roasted toast

Picture of Xavier on the side ➬ ➬➬ ➬

→→→→→→→→→→→→→

❦ Chapter 4 ❦ || I'm a roasted toast

Charlotte's P.O.V

Riiiiiiinng

Ah! The sweet sound of the bell, the marvelous sound of beautiful freedom, and more importantly the sound of the most fabulous period ever aka Lunch Time.

"And that's all for today's lesson, and please don't forget to give me your homework assignment for tomorrow..." Mrs Michael, our Economic teacher, didn't have time to continue her speech considering the fact that more than half of the students are out of the class.

"Come on Skyler, you promised me lunch and now it's time to pay up," I said urgently.

Grrr...

"Quick Question : Should I be worried about you're precious beast ?"

"Oh yeah! You should be worried about my precious hungry beast, let's go eat before I release that beast on you."

"Ooh! I'm so scared, please don't eat me, spare my poor life, you're preciousness monstrous glorious majesty," Sky said while bowing mockingly.

"Hardy Har Har, you're so funny," I replied, laughing drily at my hilarious comedian friend.

Currently Skyler and I are walking through the half-empty hallways, when she decided to make a stop at her locker to pick up some books for her next classes and since both of our lockers are next to each other, I've decided to take my books as well before entering the cafeteria.

"Hey, you're still on about this weekend, right ?" Asked Sky as she takes out her Biology book.

Unfortunately forth and fifth period were the only classes that both Skyler and I had them differently, while she had Biology on the forth, I have Chemistry and on the fifth vise versa.

"No, Duh! What movies this time? Last time it was all Harry Potter's series."

Every week or two, we would have a sleepover at each other's houses, and have a marathon movie. Each time, one of us will get to chose the theme of the movies, last time it was Sky's turn now it's mine.

"Well it's your turn to choose the movies," shutting her locker's door, Sky turns to face me books in her hands.

I shrugs,"Well I haven't decided yet."

Restarted to walk, both of us discussed about different topics and suggestions for this Friday night, and somehow I ended up walking in front of Sky, walking backwards.

"I suggest different kind of candy mixed inside of a bowl, instead of the usual; popcorn and pretzel, and let's watch a movie that go along with this theme, like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory," suggested Sky.

"Do you really want to repeat what happened last time?" Last time we had a candy mixer it was an complete and ultimate disaster. The moment that my dog heard the word "candy", let's just say it end up having a indoor candy pool with hyper dog on a sugar rush.

"Yeah, you're right. No need to release that candy monster of your that lives in your house."

Giving her a flat look, I answered, "no need to exaggerate things. So my dog has a little obsession with sweets, big deal! It's not his fault."

"Oh, you're right, it's not his fault that he has a complete weirdo who has a serious obsession with candies and sweets as master. Poor doggie! He must be suffering," putting one hand on her heart, she gives me a teasing look with a raise of her eyebrow and a toothy smile.

"I'm not a weirdo who's obsessed with candies," offended by that remark, I glared at her.

"Oh really? Don't you remember the time when your parents gave you the task of buying food for your family reunion but instead you have to go ahead and buy a bunch of chocolates and candies, just because you were craving some. "

"I was on my period and plus those delicious sweetness were asking me to buy them, like literally, they were begging me to with they squeaky voices!" OK, not a good excuse, my family had to go and buy some Chinese food since the store already locked up and there weren't much time to prepare a homemade meal but it was worth it, those candies were divine.

"OK, how about the time in eighth grade, when we were at the mall and it was during Easter break, we were banned from the mall until the end of the holiday because someone has to go ahead and steal all the chocolates eggs and all the chocolates bunnies."

"Well, they never said not to take them."

"Actually they did, there was a do not touch sign above every one of them," retorted Sky annoyingly. "Or the time when-..."

"Okay, I got your point, I might have a little craving for sweets."

"Just a little?!" giving me an amusing look with smiling, Skyler suggested.

"Fine, I'm a weirdo who's super obsessed with candies and sweets, are you happy? " I said repeating her words frustrated.

"Very much."

"Anyhow, let's get back to business. I think instead of a candy mixer or the usual popcorn and pretzel, how about we buy some Ben and Jerry's ice cream, and some chocolate, and have a Step up movie marathon?" I said excitedly.

"Oh yeah! that's a much better choice. Channing Tatum, Rick Malambri, Ryan Guzman and other hot guys in the movies, here we come," giving her a weird look, she continued "What ? Like I said they are HOT with a capital H."

"Hey who am I to judge?" I said putting both of my hands up in a surrender gesture and laugh out loud.

Our laughter were soon got cut short, because apparently I somehow activated my clumsiness, and end up tripping... on air.

Is that even possible ?!

Oh! and the best part is, drum role please:

Drrm.....Tisss

I accidentally bumped into someone while I was falling, and the both of us end up on the floor.

Yay me !!! (Note to sarcasm)

"Oh my, I am so sorry, I was walking backwards, I always wanted to try it as ridiculous as that sound, and since there was no one in the hallway I though 'hey why not make my wish come true and walk backwards' so that's what I did, but it wasn't actually my real wish, it was more of a unreal one if that make sense, weird right? And somehow it came true but I sort of tripped and accidentally landed on you when I was gonna fall, and that was actually funny, I mean who can trip on air or because of their feet ? I'm pretty much sure that's not possible but hey there is a first time for everything..." I babbled, turning fifty shade of red too embarrassed to look at the person that I collapsed into. So I made sure to look at the floor as if it was the most interesting thing in the word, while Sky helps me off the ground.

"Do you ever shut up ?" Asked a deep voice annoyed, a very familiar deep voice.

Holy Macaroni! That's not good... at all.

Right in front of us stood The Trio; Xavier Parker, Drew Smith and Ethan Tyler.

I'm toasted--no scratch that, I'm a roasted toast.

******************

Hey guys, it's been quite a long time I admit, and I'm sorry for the long waiting but I had exams and lots of homework, I still have that though. So please bear with me, I will be updating as much as I can, I swear. Anyway, back to the chapter. I know it's a short one but like I said I will be doing longer and better chapters... so please don't give up on me, yet.

Please don't forget

COMMENT, VOTE & FOLLOW ME

Au revoir...... my SWEETHEARTS