hermione and ron looked at each other as they started heading out for hogsmeade again.

"let's hope so", hermione mumbled as she walked next to ron.

—✼—

evelyn met up with malfoy, crabbe, and goyle as she had asked to hangout with them. to crabbe and goyle's surprise, malfoy had agreed.

"I'm sorry for being late, something was holding me back a bit", evelyn smiled, rushing to malfoy's side.

"took you long enough", malfoy scoffed, however the four had started walking.

once they reached hogsmeade, evelyn's eyes widened in awe. it was her first time coming and she couldn't believe how much the wizard village looked like a winter wonderland.

"OH MY GOODNESS!! LOOK AT ALL THESE SHOPS!!", evelyn excitedly pointed.

malfoy waved his hand, signaling for crabbe and goyle to go off on their own.

evelyn started walking on the chunky pile of snow, leaving small footprints behind her. malfoy followed as he showed her dervish and banges, a magical equipment shop.

"and here's honeydukes sweetshop", malfoy said, opening the door for evelyn to enter first.

"woahhhh!!! look at all this candy!!", evelyn exclaimed.

there were shelves of unimaginable candy. from every color of the rainbow spectrum, jars of magical gum balls and boxes of chocolate frogs were presented.

"welcome!! how may I help you today?", a woman that seemed to be in her 50s asked. her ginger hair was tied back into a bun, showcasing her minimum wrinkles.

"good day ma'am! perhaps you could recommend us what sweets you prefer?", evelyn politely said, giving the woman her best smile.

"just call me mrs. flume, my dear! and there's many great options, but perhaps I could interest you in some of honeydukes best chocolate?", mrs. flume suggested.

"thank you very much mrs. flume!!"

evelyn quickly hopped from one section of the store to another. there were many types of candy, surprising evelyn.

"draco!! come here!!", evelyn called, making the blonde boy roll his eyes.

evelyn aggressively stuffed a mr. spindle's lick'o'rish spider into malfoy's mouth, making his eyes slightly widen.

"what do you think?? it's licorice but as live spiders!!", evelyn excitedly said, making malfoy just slowly nod his head.

pulling malfoy's hand along, evelyn fed him some jelly slugs and peppermint toads along the way.

finally being satisfied with the amount of candy tasting, evelyn had decided to get a chocolate cauldron and a whole lot of honeydukes best chocolate.

"where'd you get the money from?", malfoy sneered, although evelyn was used to her friend's condescending tone.

"oh, hagrid was nice enough to give me some allowance", evelyn replied as she nodded at mrs. flume and waved goodbye to her.