malfoy watched the girl pathetically shiver as he rolled his eyes and covered the girl with part of his royally black blanket.

evelyn smiled as she snuggled closer to the center of warmth. again, the girl had no logical sense at 1 a.m. in the morning, thus she cuddled closer and closer to malfoy.

the lights were off as prefects sat in the room observing and making sure that nothing was going to harm the students.

malfoy went stiff as the girl's head was practically leaning against the boy's chest. thankfully malfoy's arm was already healed and he was just over-exaggerating his injury.

he then hesitantly patted the girl's blonde hair as she had already passed out.

the last time he did that was when they were in the forbidden forest, hiding from that unicorn killer.

evelyn's breathing hit malfoy's chest, letting him know that the girl was asleep and completely relaxed. her breathing pattern had caused malfoy's to also relax.

malfoy's eyes closed as his arm hovered evelyn's tiny body. the third-years fell to a peaceful and warm sleep without another worry.

even though sirius black was within the grounds of hogwarts.

—✼—

though the professors had never found sirius black, defense was heightened as they were worried for the students' safety, especially harry's.

in fact, most people either avoided harry or treated him as if he was glass on display. especially the professors, who would keep an eye out for harry whenever he was around, also making sure that he was never alone.

quidditch season started like usual as there were no news about black.

since malfoy had claimed that his arm wasn't fully healed yet, gryffindors will be playing hufflepuffs first. it was obvious the slytherins used malfoy's injury as an excuse to not play in the upcoming storm.

cedric diggory—one of evelyn's great upperclassmen friends—became the new seeker and captain of the hufflepuff quidditch team.

"good luck cedric!!", evelyn smiled, patting the boy on the arm since she was too short to reach his back.

"thanks evelyn!", cedric smiled as he headed off.

evelyn was wearing a poncho while she also brought a umbrella that she borrowed from a fellow hufflepuff who had decided to not attend the game because of the horrendous weather.

"draco!!", evelyn called out.

the boy's head turned as he strode towards the excited girl.

pansy rolled her eyes as she followed, still with her arms crossed. it seemed to be the girl's signature pose.

"can I share?", malfoy asked, pointing to evelyn's blue umbrella.

"of course!! let's go find seats", evelyn said as she linked her arm with malfoy's pulling him towards the stadium.

pansy bit her lip as she begrudgingly followed, stomping after the two.