The farmer had his arms crossed, lips tight and pinched, looking at the black cow while thinking every word ahead of letting them out. « I'm no joker, chief, I ain't kidding you. This cow really is your dragon. Was... whatever, that's really your Toothless. »

The former dragon was looking at Hiccup and Jarrus confusedly, but mostly focusing on Hiccup. Why was it harder for her to understand him... She was roughly getting the meaning of what he was saying, but without a doubt not as clearly as she used to. Hence her confusion to Hiccup's reaction. Her rider's face was livid, his eyes wide open and pupils tight as grains of sand. He had a hand on his forehead, which was sweating insanely. He wiped it off with the back of his palm, but when the hand touched Toothless' head to lay between her horn, big drops of salty water were already pouring from his skin again. « Toothless.. ? Buddy.. ? Is this... real ? Are you still in here ?? Oh dear Thor, this is so crazy ! » His voice was shivering as much as his hand. Toothless, in return, gave a soft, melancholic moo, and rubbed her head into his hand a bit. The viking gulped down, holding back his breath. At least his dragon didn't forget about him... hopefully, his mind was untouched. He caressed her head a bit, and cupped her cheek. « By Odin... what happened... » He turned his head to Jarrus, slowly starting to calm down. It was a miracle that poor Hiccup didn't faint after having a panick attack. A few years ago, that's surely what would have happened.

The stockbreeder cleared his throat « Well... » he moved a hand to rub behind his thick neck « Like I told you, when you left I've put Toothless in the backroom of my stables, and I've examined him everywhere to see what was wrong. I got it straight as soon as I saw him, almost. The feisty boy was in rut, I've seen enough bulls in my career to now what that mean, yup. But I thought you wouldn't really, uh, like it if I were to take care of it like I do with bulls, y'know ? »

Hiccup frowned at the farmer, teeth clenched « And you thought just right, yeah. » The farmer cleared his throat again, a fist in front of his mouth « Yeah, heh.

- And so what ? » Hiccup was starting to lose patience.

« Well, you still told me to try and take care of that in some way ! So that's when I thought of something else... » As Jarrus kept explaining how everything went, his face was getting more and more perplexed. He got a little angry when he got to the syringe part, but managed to hide it. After all, the guy was really trying to give his help. He was still stroking Toothless' new furred jaws while listening to the big man, and she was enjoying it mindlessly, almost forgetting about everything happening around her.

« And when I came back, well... Toothless was there, like this. That's... all I can say, sadly. » He shakes his head and puts his head in his strong farmer palm « Listen boy, I'm really, really, really sorry about that. That's hands down the biggest mistake I've made since I'm living here, I've never felt so ashamed in my life. If I can help in any way, I'll do, now if you wanna punish me or something I'll accept it, that's all I deserve. I'll face it with honor like a true viking does. »

Hiccup sighed and closed his eyes, resumed to Toothless, and scratched her ear in silence before speaking again. « It's... okay. You meant only good, you've made a mistake sure, but we all do. In the first place, I wasn't even able to understand my dragon enough to see he was just in rut. » He moved his hand off Toothless' head and turned to face Jarrus. Meanwhile the black cow leaned her head down to graze.

« We're both in this mess, so now we have to fix it. » He rubs his fingers in the corner of his eyes, frowning « Where is your wife ? She must know something that could help.

- Yeah, surely, the thing is Ana's not here right now, she's out seeing friends of her.

-Ah... » Hiccup scratched his head « Mm... Then... let's keep all that a secret until she's back. »