"No, Alex. You have a career and someone that love you. You save people's lives. I only save animals and their land. I mean, it was my childhood dream to become a wildlife biologist, but....that seems to not matter to this world. And, you have a friend and a grandmother that love you so much. If you die, everybody is going to miss you. I, won't be miss. I don't have anyone that will miss me."

"No. I will help you." I remove her backpack out of her grip and toss it to her bed. She lifts her eyebrow at me, puzzled.

"Because if you die, then who would I compete? Who will I see succeed far better than me? You will be miss, Maytivoza. Because you came to my life. And Zeke. And your boss's life. And that..um, Marcus, I assume, life. You will be miss. And I told you already."

I tug my arm into my chest, staring at her. "I dealt with this woman's god forbidden attacks. She wants you to fight her. She wants you to come to her. She wants you mad. But we can't do it on our own without her."

I encounter so much battles with this woman from her assassins and I know giving up and let myself go won't bring an end to all of this. We need a plan that we can use to defeat them. I look down at Maytivoza, waiting for her to fight back. She lower her chest, thinking.

Please don't fight me, Maytivoza. If you say no, then I can't stop you do what you need to do.

"Fine." She calmly said.

I breathe freely, feeling my chest relax. "Thank you." I bend down, showing her gratitude.

"Eh. But that means I am your responsibility. So you better not get mad if I never come back home, mom." She mutter.

I didn't care about what she said. I would prefer she become this childish adult than having to feel helpless.

Now.

Present time. And she isn't here. I always check on where she at from her tracking chip. This time it's in her glasses, for sure she won't remove it.

But the dubious trust that I gain from her for the last two weeks just seems to take over me whenever she leaves this apartment. I look at the living room's remote clock, close to eight o'clock. No message from the last hour, and no details from Zeke.

My heart pounding rapidly, with my legs rising from the sofa and heading to the kitchen. I grab the black pistol underneath the sink, removing it from its brown bag. If she won't tell me or give me a signal where she at, then I have no hope but to find her.

I walk to my bedroom, sitting down at my desk. I quickly search for her address on the computer, scanning the area. Her workplace is far away from Liverpool, around an hour or two to get there. And she sure goes to a lot of dense forest and woods that are around in the United Kingdom. So looking for her out of millions people in this country, well...fuck.

Well. There she is, at a gym. What gives her the I'm right to just go to that place without even telling me?

"Tsk!" No. Now is not the time to be mad. The more I wait, the more troubled I get.

I grab my car keys, putting on my shoes, and open the front door. I look back one more time at the small apartment before I left. I never did like living in it, especially with that short girl. But the fact she comfortable living with me, I would do anything to keep it like that.

Even though all I want to do with her right now is to kill her for not telling me where the hell she was.

••••••

The thumping noise from the gym can be heard outside.

The grunts and groans continue as I approach Nick's gym. The door was open, letting in the cold night's wind blow into the intensely humid building. I try to act like I'm here to work out, but it is hard with a black coat, blue jeans, and a gray cap.