The Path For Salvation

Before The Attack Days Ago

"Get out of here. I don't need you here anymore." Maytivoza shoved me out of her room, suppressing her.

"No. You can't kick me out." I riot.

"Hahaha. Watch me try." She puts more pressure on my back that I was certain she was trying to lessen my pain from it.

But I learned the more she did so, the more it start to form pain.

"Ow, ow! Okay, stop!" I slide out of her grip, turning back at her. "Why do you want me to leave so badly? Is it wrong for me to stay?"

"Yes. You already took care of your mother. Congratulations. And now it is time for you to leave. I'm sure that friend of yours back home wants to see you." Her eyes went down as she said that, averting me.

"Okay. Zeke is not waiting for me with his maid dress."

Maytivoza looked serious at me when I said that. I sigh. "Okay. Fatima is just a friend. I don't have any real feeling for her." Beside you.

She shakes her head and starts stepping toward her desk. "Either way. You have to make sure Ovian's cancer doesn't get worse and you need to keep an eye on everyone else. How can we be certain that nothing bad will happen to them, huh? How can we be sure the assassins aren't hurting them right now?"

She's always thinking about someone else's besides herself. Why for once can't she does it to herself?

"I should be telling you that," I told her.

She raises her head at me, seeing daggers from her eyes. "¿Como?" She said in Spanish.

"No sé. Maybe how Wood only asked—or you volunteer—to go and save these women, which you did. And now you should return. Since they all are harm way from them. And...you perhaps need to take Pearl with you so he can have a good chit-chat with his family member. Oh, wait! But little princesa aqui no quiere hacer eso. She wants to save the world while puttin—ow!"

I didn't get the chance to finish as she hit my forearm, glaring at her.

"Pendejo." She said.

"¿Yo o tú? Por que yo creo que tú necesitas decir 'pendeja' para usted." I argue at her.

She flicks me off as I laugh at her, taking a seat on her couch.

"Why don't you want to leave? They are going to be fine here by themselves." I calmly say to her, trying to reason her.

"I can't." She jerks her head.

"Why not?"

She sighs over her desk before turning her eyes at me. "They went through a lot, Alexander. Every one of them faces trauma, abuse, assault, and guilt that they never should have witnessed but they did. Because of the life, they have given to them. Don't you think it would have been easier for me if I knew these women can go back to the world they escape and be fine? None of them gave me that hope when I visit them. What they wanted was help. And that's what I'm doing right now. Helping them recover and start a life they should have started."

I wanted to argue with her just for her to see how selfless she is. But deep down I know she's always right.

For this is who she is.

"Sigh. I know you don't want to be anywhere close to your grandmother, Maytivoza. I get it. I don't want anything to be related as my mother."

She softens her gaze as she slowly gets closer to me, crossing her arm over her chest.