in almost—well all—cases, the hippogriff was brutally murdered. she sighed as she wondered if there was some way that she could turn the case around.

perhaps malfoy would be willing to help, even though he was the cause of it in the first place. evelyn rubbed her temples as she remembered what malfoy had said.

"you and your bloody chicken will pay for this!!"

slamming the book shut, she then excused herself from ginny and harry's third-wheeling.

she knew she had promised harry that she'd eat pie with him, but currently she was more frustrated about buckbeak most likely being executed.

evelyn reached her room and let olivia out of her cage. she quickly wrote a note to harry saying that she'll meet him later in the library at 4.

olivia flew off as evelyn searched through her bag, finding a box that she didn't recall having. untying the blue ribbon, she opened the box revealing many jumping spiders.

evelyn jumped out of her seat as she screamed. quickly grabbing her wand, she casted a spell, repelling all the spiders and forcing them to go back into the box.

she sighed a breath of relief as she tied the box up with the blue ribbon and sat back in her chair.

she then looked at the end of the ribbon, noticing the initials "d.m".

"draco...?" evelyn shook her head. malfoy wouldn't have sent her a box of spiders. although he was mean, they were on good terms now, and he wouldn't purposely scare her like that.

evelyn then got up as she headed towards the library to meet harry, who was already there.

"harry!!", evelyn waved, making harry stand up.

"I actually have somewhere that I'd like to go. would you like to join?", harry smiled.

"sure! where??", evelyn curiously asked.

"professor lupin's".

—✼—

"and what do I owe the pleasure of you two today?", professor lupin asked.

evelyn awkwardly looked around professor lupin's room while harry sat down beside lupin.

"professor...I was...I was wondering why you didn't let me have a chance at the boggart", harry asked, making evelyn stop momentarily before going back to observing the numerous books that were on the shelf.

professor lupin seemed to think for a moment. he hesitated to answer since evelyn was here, but if harry trusted her enough, he supposed it would've been fine.

"I didn't call you up because I had assumed that your worst fear would be voldemort".

harry was oddly surprised as lupin calling the man directly by his name. most used the stupid nickname: he-who-shall-not-be-named. only harry and supposedly now lupin, called the no-nosed man voldemort.

evelyn slightly flinched at the mention of voldemort's name. she could never imagine coming face to face with such a powerful dark force. but then again, there were many things she had feared to come in face with.