Part 8

You had driven around town for a little before stopping in a parking lot tear still streaming down your face. The tears wouldn't stop you had no idea why what he said hurt you so much but it did. You called the only person you could think of and that was Penelope. You and her had become extremely close and you knew you could talk to her, maybe even crash at her place.

The phone had rung three times before she picked up. "Hey Y/N what's up." she said in her usual cheery voice. You sniffled before responding.

"Hey Pen, I really need someone to talk to right now. I hope it wouldn't be to much to ask if I could go to your place and talk to you?" you said still crying.

"Oh my gosh of course Y/N. Are you okay what happened." Penelope said with worry in her voice.

"Me and Spencer got into a fight and I really just need someone to talk to." you said now slightly sobbing.

"Of course you can come over now." she said and you told her thank you and ended to the call. You pulled out of the parking lot and made your way to her apartment.

...

15 minutes later you made your way to Penelope's apartment. You walked up nervously and knocked on the door. immediately the door swung open and Penelope embraced you with a hug.

"Come in come in." she said ushering you in. "Here why don't you sit here while I pour us some wine okay?" she asked and you nodded. You had stopped crying but you knew that your eyes were puffy, red and irritated.

She came back with two wine glasses in hand and a bottle of wine. You chuckled and said "I thought you were gonna pour some not bring the whole bottle." she laughed at your comment and said "I was going to but then thought we might just need the whole bottle."

She sat down next to you on her couch and poured the wine. You took your glass and after a short silence she asked, "So what happened."

You had explained to her everything from the time Spencer got home to you leaving and calling her. She sat there for a minute before hugging you. You had broke down again and she whispered in your ear, "I'm so sorry Y/N that must have been awful."

When you broke apart Penelope spoke, "I think I might know why he was so upset, the case that we just closed had involved a guy kidnapping and torturing girls and men. I think it might of triggered him in some way." she said while she rubbed your back.

It made sense you just wished he had talked to you instead of closing himself off. You were worried that this case might of set him off again. You just hoped that he didn't relapse. You and Penelope talked some more and eventually you and her watched a movie. She had let you crash at her place for the night.

———————————————————————————
sorry this chapter is short.