Part 1

Spencer Reid the love of Y/N's life well at least she thought he was, until he arrested her, but that's a story for another time. Let's go back to the beginning though. Y/N and Spencer were the top of their class from middle school to high school. They both graduated at 12 and went to the same college, Spencer and Y/N were best friends, bonding over their intellect and hardships.

Spencer and Y/N were ruthlessly bullied all through out high school, and sadly that brought them closer together. They also happened to attended the same college while Spencer earned his phD's, Y/N studied to be an attorney and a good one at that. They would talk from time to time mostly being focused on their classes and work, but eventually Spencer applied to be in the bureau and that landed him in the Bau, and Y/N applied for an internship which then led her to being a leading defense attorney.

A couple years pass and Y/N and Spencer lose touch, until one day Y/N gets a call from Spencer.

"Hey Y/N how you've been, I've missed you." Spencer says kindly into the phone which makes
Y/N's legs turn into jelly. She had always had crush on the young doctor but was too afraid to say anything.

" Hey Spencer, I've been really good and I have missed you too." you say as you hear him sigh. "What you think I wouldn't miss my little Spencer Wencer." you say as you both laugh into the phone.

" Honestly I thought you might've forgotten about me." he says in a sad voice. "I would never." you reassure him. You hear him sigh again. " So Y/N I see you made it big as a defense attorney. You have the highest success rate when it comes to winning your cases." he says as you giggle. " I see you have been keeping an eye on me Mr. youngest agent to ever join the bureau." you say and you both laugh.

"I guess we both have." he says while you smile.
" Why don't we meet up at the cafe we used to go to on Saturday." you ask and he agrees.

...

You were sitting in the cafe in a booth waiting for Spencer anxiously. You had put on a simple black dress with a jean jacket and white slip on shoes. Spencer walked in and his eyes searched the cafe until they landed on you. He walked over and sat down you looked up and smiled at him. He was wearing a white button down shirt with a purple tie and a black vest over top. He pared it with black pants and his converse.

"Hey, long time no see." you say playfully. "Yeah it's been a minute." he says, "You look the same as when we were in college." you say as he chuckles. You and Spencer talk for awhile catching up. He talks about his work with the bureau and you talk about the cases you have taken since becoming an attorney.

You were both about to leave when Spencer asks,
" Hey do you want to catch up some more and walk around the local park." he says while looking down at his feet. " I would love too." he lights up when you say that and you make your way to the park.

...

You both had walked around the park for around 30 minutes before you both found a bench and sat down. You had been feeling bold so you decided to ask " Are you seeing anyone?" when you first ask him he is slightly shocked but then responds with a simple no. You didn't let it show but your heart jumped with joy at the word no.

"Why?" he asks looking at you trying to profile it out of you. You look down at your shoes to try and conceal the blush forming on your cheeks, but it does you no good. He lifts your head up with his hand to make you look at him. His eyes scan your face and he smiles when his eyes land on you cheeks.

"I had a sneaking feeling you have or had feelings for me but I never actually knew until now." he says as he leans back on the bench. Your hearts stop for a second and all you could to say is "How?".

"I don't know, the way you would always sneak glances at me when you thought I didn't notice. How you would always make up an excuse to sit near me in school. When you wanted to talk to me you would always bring something random up, and so many other things." Spencer says confidently, while you blush even harder.

"I didn't know I was that obvious." you say trying to hide your embarrassment. "I didn't and still don't mind I mean you're gorgeous and I used to like you back in high school as well." he confess and it feels like your heart does a backflip. "Really?!" you ask genuinely surprised.

He blushes and says "Yeah I was always to afraid to tell you even though all signs were right in front of me." he says as he picks at his fingers. You look at him and you scan his face looking at his lips and back to his eyes. He looks right back at you leaning closer looking at your lips and back to your eyes.

You were the one to take the leap of faith and you closed the gap between the two of you.

——————————————————————————

hello, this is my first fan fiction and writing on here I know it might be trashy but I'm trying and I would love tips on how to make it better I hope you enjoy and bye.  :)