"I don't remember," he said.
I just grabbed my purse and left the house. I don't know what was going on and I had no idea why I was angry either. Maybe I was pissed that something was up and I didn't know anything about it. I reached the store and picked this and that without really paying attention. I was uneasy, I wanted to know what was going on but the only person I could ask was in no condition to tell me.
I was walking towards the ice cream section, but my mind was so far away until I bumped into someone.
"I am sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going." I apologized immediately without looking at the person.

"Liz?" she said.

I looked up and found out it was Suzanne. Blast from the past I guess.

"Suzanne," I said.

"You look good. How have you been?" she asked.

"As you can see, I have been doing just fine. How about you?" I asked. I was surprised that I could put on a conversation with Suzanne and not strangle her. I guess I did move on.

"I am doing good as well. Look I am sorry for everything I have done to you and all the pain I caused you. I know it's too late and you have already lost everything, but I am sorry. I know what you have been through and I understand the pain I caused you. Losing my 1-year-old daughter recently made me realize all the pain I caused you. If you can find it in you, please forgive me." She said.

She was being sincere and I knew she meant the apology but she was right about one thing, it was late.
"It's alright Suzanne, I have moved on. Just know that the pain you are feeling right now, it gets better." I said.

"Thank you," she said.

I walked past her and went to get my ice-cream. Ice-cream gets me through everything, so I make sure I always have it. I spent a little over an hour at the store and then went home. I couldn't find Erastus anywhere so I guess he was asleep. He removed the beer from the fridge, but they were still in the kitchen, so I threw them out.
Do I cook? I asked myself. No. I will just bring him something from Linda's instead. Time flew by and I drove to Linda's to meet up with Katie. She was already inside when I got there so I didn't waste time as well. I gave her a big hug and we sat down.

"You look good. Did you cut your hair?" she asked.

"Yes. I just wanted to try something new. So how has everything been?" I asked.

"Everything has been going well, Jason and I just came back from our second honeymoon so everything is going well. How about you? You met someone yet?" she asked.

"No. Being CEO is a lot of work. I didn't have time. Any idea what is happening with Erastus?" I asked.

"What is wrong with him? What are you talking about?" she asked.

"I found him drunk in my house this morning. I don't know for how long he has been staying there." I said.

"Well no, I don't know anything. Plus, he is your closest friend, not mine," she said.

"I know. It just that it's been a while that I have seen him that down. Like he hit rock bottom. Anyway, I didn't come here to talk about that." I said.

"So, you are coming from being a CEO back to Managing director, are you a little disappointed?" she asked.

"Not really. Maybe because I had a great salary being CEO, but I am not disappointed at all. I am just excited and grateful that I got the opportunity to run Capricorn." I said.

"You have to come over for dinner at our new place this Friday. I am sure Jason would love to have you over as well," she suggested.

"I would love that. I love your house, from the pictures you sent me and now I get to see it. I wouldn't miss it." I replied.