12: Good Days

GOOD DAYS:
Solana jostled awake from her nap.

It was 4:00pm, the sun was much dimmer than it was when they arrived at the apartment. Yawning, she rolled over to face Spencer, who was already awake.

"Hey." He smiled.

"How long have you been up for?" She asked, rubbing her eyes to wake herself up.

"Maybe 10 minutes, i'm not sure."

She groaned, "Mmm. Well, now that our sleep schedule is supremely fucked up, let's make the most of the rest of our day."

"What are we gonna do?"

"I have no clue, dude. That can be up to you, I guess?"

Spender pursed his lips, "Well, I'm really hungry, how about we get some dinner."

"Dinner, the first meal of the day— Sounds good." She laughed. "You need clothes though, that oversized shirt and pants aren't gonna cut it."

"We could stop off at my apartment so I can get ready."

"Alright. Let me get dressed first, then we'll head to your place." Solana smiled,
patting Spencer on his chest before getting off the bed.

Solana headed to her bathroom, shutting the door halfway behind her. She brushed her teeth, washed her face, and detangled her hair. She smoothed her hair into a makeshift low bun, pulling out a cluster of curls to frame her face and jaw. Her makeup was minimal as usual: bronzer, highlighter, mascara, and brow gel. She was in and out quick— she didn't want to keep Spencer waiting.

"You're fast." Spencer said.

"Couldn't keep you waiting." She joked.

Solana grabbed a pair of gray shorts, a sports bra, and a flannel. As she was about to return to the bathroom she paused,

"Wait— where are we going?"

Spencer laughed, "Don't worry, we'll go somewhere casual."

She smiled in response, stepping into the bathroom to change.

"You know, there's nothing I haven't seen before!" Spencer shouted from the bedroom.

"I have to change in here because you can't control yourself!" She shouted back.

"Oh that's untrue!"

"You know I'm right!"

Solana stepped out, dressed in her extremely casual outfit. Her oversized flannel was unbuttoned, revealing her toned midriff and Adidas sports bra. The gray shorts were also extremely flattering, causing Spencer's eyes to travel to her butt.

"Okay, now we need to get you to your apartment so you can get dressed."

"I call shot gun!"

"Spence, it's my car... of course you're shot gun."

"Whatever." He rolled his eyes playfully.

Solana grabbed her phone, keys, badge, and bag. All Spencer had was his phone and badge, considering he was in the hospital less than 24 hours ago. They walked down to the parking lot, hopping into the car and driving off, not wanting to waste what little of the day they had left.