Zombie Sunny and Luna

I woke up, slowly opening my eyes to see Daiyousei sleeping next to me. What a night that was... Wait, the incident is still not solved. It's still night out there.

I got up from the bed, and put back my clothes and shoulder pads on, and hung Roukanken and it's scabbard on my side. Afterwards I wrote a note and left it on the bedside table, saying that I will be back.

As I left the igloo, I gave it one more glance before walking off. I walked around the lake, until I stumbled upon the Youkai Forest, which is still intact unlike the Forest of Magic.

Taking a sip from my flask, I walked into the dense treeline of the forest, and kept going straight. But something is amiss.

It's quiet... Too quiet to be exact. But then as I stopped to take a sip, a ray of black light flies towards me. I managed to narrowly dodge it, and I see the perpetrator.

 I managed to narrowly dodge it, and I see the perpetrator

Well, there are two. Sunny Milk, and Luna Child... Two of the Three Fairies of Light. But where's Star?

Sunny had lost her right eye, whereas Luna lost the right half of her face, revealing her skull. They also had halos on their head.

"What happened to you two?"

They didn't respond. Instead they just groaned, and casts their arms towards me.

An in a flash they disappeared. I remember that if Sunny and Luna were together, they can make themselves unseen and unheard. I took glances on my right and left, but no sign of them.

Pulling out Roukanken, I instinctively thrusted the sword to what's behind me, and it hits a fleshy substance. When I turned around, I see Luna stabbed with the blade before kneeling down and dissipating into cinders.

Now that the listening problem is gone, now it's just finding Sunny's the problem.

Tapping into my fire element, I unleashed a tornado of fire, trying to get her out of cover. But she doesn't show up, until I feel her hands around my neck, and she twisted it to the right forcefully. Everything went black.

I woke up, back at my bed. Oh yeah, I haven't marked a bonfire yet, but my igloo is a safe spot. I ran out quickly and back to where I fought Sunny, to see her standing in the middle of the treeline, staring blankly at the skies.

When I approached, she turned around and made an attempt to claw at me. Afterwards she fired lasers, which I couldn't froze and they were hard to avoid since she can bend the directions.

I managed to steer the lasers to hit a tree and they dissipated. In return I unleashed a rain of icicles on her, but she shielded herself with black light.

Then, what surprises me is that she conjured a blade on her wrist, made of black light. She dashed at me, as I quickly conjured a sword of ice and parried some of her attacks.

Despite her fast movement, the light sword manages to shatter my ice sword faster than I expected, and in the end I was pushed back after blocking a final strike, which completely shattered the sword.

"Huh! You sure have grown stronger Sunny... Or is it because of your recklessness, like how I acted back then?"

I refered to the short but so called Great Fairy Wars which I declared probably years ago. I managed to defeat the three of them, and I claimed the title of the Strongest Fairy... But not the Strongest being in Gensokyo.

I conjured an ice spear this time, and threw it to Sunny, but she deflected it with her light sword.

"Not gonna be that easy, huh?"

"Cirno-Chan!"

My ears perked up. I looked back to see Daiyousei, what is she doing following me here!?

"Dai-Chan! Get away, Now! It's dangerous!"

I shouted to her, and Sunny turned her sights to the harmless Greater Fairy. If she really wanted to kill Daiyousei as well... Then if she died, who am I gonna be with?

All alone... I don't want it!

I must protect her, at all costs! Or else what happened last night... Or so what I said, will be in vain!

One of my wings then flashed, before going back to normal, revealing a small sun inside the ice crystal wing.

"Nature Sign - Change Element, Hika Cirno!"

I chanted, as a bright light emanates from my body making it look like that it's glowing. Both Sunny and Daiyousei widened their eyes at the sight, and as the light dissipated, I walked forwards.

My wings shine a bright sunny yellow,  and my hair turned blonde. My clothes and ribbon remained in their blue color, though.

"Cirno-Chan... What are you? Don't tell me, what Piece said once is correct isn't it!?"

Sunny shakily walked towards me, and tries to thrust the light sword at me. However, I dodged it, and grabbed her wrist making the sword dissipate.

"Cirno-Chan... You can change elements... You're an elemental!"

I twisted Sunny's wrist before I used my free right hand to conjure a sword of light, and thrusted her in the stomach with it. Afterwards, I pulled out Roukanken, and horizontally slashed her from the right to left. She then falls to the ground and dissipated into cinders.

I returned back into ice form, as Daiyousei then came up to me and hold me before I collapse.

"Why are you following me...?"

"You shouldn't go alone, Cirno-Chan. We'll make it through this together. Even if you became an elemental... You still need a friend."

I chuckled weakly, before I asked her to grab my flask and help give me a sip.

She took a sip, and I widened my eyes.  "Wait, what are you--"

She then presses her lips onto mine, giving me the water that she held her mouth. I swallowed it, as we then made out for a little while. Afterwards we walked together, hands held together, out of the Youkai Forest.

- To Be Continued