Larva, Old Best Friend

The Garden of The Sun, it's darkened as well. Even though the flowers there are called sunflowers, they were unable to provide light unlike that big yellow sphere we used to see before the incident.

I took another sip from my flask, and stood up leaving the ice statue that I conjured behind. The shrine can be seen in the distance, thanks to the moonlight and the fact that the shrine is on top of one of the hills.

But the main problem is the maze like sunflower garden, and I couldn't fly above it.

Sighing, I walked into one of the clear pathway. I hummed the tune that Daiyousei would usually sung for me, until...

I looked up to see that everything returned into daylight, and is fine. I smiled, and began to caress one of the flower petals, and I heard someone clearing their throat.

I looked over to see that it was Eternity Larva. My best friend... The other one besides Daiyousei, that is.

However something is amiss, and I clapped my hands once in front of me. The world returned into the darkness of the night, and Larva is there, her eyes glowing.

"Larva, not you too..."

"I nearly got you fooled right there, didn't I?"

"Why? Do you... Hate me somehow? Just like how Wriggle, Mystia and Rumia when they attacked me?"

"You're quick to grasp into the answer. I admit, you really are smarter than the rest of our kind. And for that reason, I still resent being beaten by you, during the seasons incident."

I conjured a sword of ice on my right hand, and held it's hilt with both of my hands.

"I don't want to do this, Larva!"

"Hesitating will just kill you, Cirno."

She then pulled out a pair of odd looking daggers, each one has 3 blades like a trident.

Larva makes the first move, she dashed forward and thrusts one of her daggers towards me, but I dodged it

Larva makes the first move, she dashed forward and thrusts one of her daggers towards me, but I dodged it. However to my surprise right after I dodged, she fired a wave of danmaku from her hands, despite them being occupied with the daggers.

I was unable to dodge that one, and it hit me, sending me falling on my back. Trembling heavily, I tried to stand back up however she then kicked me in the side of my head, before stepping on it.

It hurts, it felt like as if I was crushed by a rock. I can feel some of my blood coming out from where she stepped on me.

In the last second, I managed to grab her other foot, and swept her to the ground. I jumped back, and took a sip from my flask, which instantly healed my wounds.

"Since the cold is your ally, that flask from the Yuki-Onna heals you, am I right?"

"You did your best, knowing me."

"But if I shatter that flask, then you'll be unable to heal. And I can finally have my revenge."

I was shaken. Is she really trying to kill me by now? Just because I beat her back then?

Tears fell down from my eyes, before they froze thanks to my power. I readied my ice sword, and made my own strike towards her.

I made multiple attempts to slash her, however she managed to deflect each of them with her daggers.

"How tough are those?!"

I asked to myself, before thrusting the blade forwards instead of making a slash. She countered by using both of her daggers to hook my sword, and we are now face to face.

"Don't make me do this, Larva."

With one last push with my body's strength, I managed to break her hold and opening a window of opportunity to plunge my sword into her chest.

As I pulled it back out, her wound sprays out a lot of blood, like a fountain. She knelt down, and chuckled.

"Not... Bad, Cirno."

But then she vanishes, and I see my surroundings change back into that one Sunny day.

"Now, drown yourself in my illusions."

Piece must be nearby, so that Larva can manipulate the surroundings like this, but I need to focus on Larva right now.

Out of nowhere, I felt a blade grazing my cheek and I blindly struck my sword to wherever it was coming from. But there's nobody.

I turned around, back and forth but no signs of her. Her illusions made her invisible.

I closed my eyes, and let only my ears to do the work, and turned around, before thrusting the blade forwards. It hit something, and when I opened my eyes the illusions dissipated. She blocked my attack, and chuckled.

"Not bad. Using your hearing to spot me... But now how are you going to fight me, if you can't hear my footsteps."

She then created the same illusion, as I closed my eyes again. And as she said, I couldn't hear her movements since she was flying this time, and I was slashed on all directions. Was she ever this fast before!?

"Ice sign - Ice Tornado!" I chanted out my spell card and raised both of my arms up.

A gust of wind and ice, circling around in a spiral formation in high speed then came out, however Larva was able to block the flying icicles as well although the illusions did dissipate.

"Nice try. But if you kept using cards, you'll run out of energy to fight."

"Not if I use this. Nature Sign - Change element, Achi Cirno!"

A circle of fire surrounds me, and engulfed my body. As they dissipate, my fire element form emerges, with it's blazing red hair, clothes and ribbon.

Larva shook a bit, before causing yet another illusion. I couldn't see nor hear her coming, but I already had the weapon to solve the problem.

"Fire sign - Ring of Fire!" I crossed both of my hands in front of me, forming an X.

And as I spread them out back, a ring of fire then spins around me, before surrounding me in a sphere made of fire. I can see her silhouette unable to stop from charging at me, and instead she crashed herself to the flames.

She screamed out frantically, as I pulled out Roukanken from it's scabbard, before dashing to her back and thrusting it into her.

"Eternity Larva... Forgive me."

I pulled it back out, and Larva fell forwards to the ground. She dissipated into cinders, as she muttered out "You're becoming stronger... Cirno..."

As the final cinder flies to the horizon, my body changed back to it's original form. I took my photograph, and stabbed Larva's face off from it using the blade.

Before leaving, I picked one of the sunflowers, which seems to somehow have bloomed even without any of the sunflower Fairies present, and there's no sunlight. I placed it down on the spot where Larva got put down, before leaving.

My journey is still not over, I need to find Reimu. At the Moriya Shrine... Even if that's the last thing I'll do.

End of Act 1
- To Be Continued