Sunlight

It's now or never

I grabbed the temperamental blonde's hand and pulled him out into the corridor, completely oblivious to the small tint of pink covering the explosive boy's cheeks. I dragged him down the blue corridor, sun shining in through the large windows forming the east wall of the corridor, signalling the beginning of the day, still a while till class started. I pulled him into an empty classroom. I was 17 and a hero scientist, I should be able to do this.

He stumbled a little as I released his wrist, his easily accumulated balance a sign of the three years of training and hero work. I struggle for words as Kacchan turned to me, asking what I wanted.

I had recently revealed that I had forgiven him, blatantly ignoring the fact for such a sudden move was the result of myself having fallen head over heals for the smirking man in front of me. I could tell he was happy by the news, and my sharp analytical mind decided to play the dumb a** and full on ignore the blush blooming across his face.

I had discussed this moment with Poppy, Hazel, Jason and Lucas, gone over every possible outcome. They assured me that he liked me back after squealing their heads off and fangirling at the fanfic-like love.

My mantra repeated itself.
It's now or never

I scraped together my courage as Kacchan grew more and more suspicious at the pregnant pause I had given his question.
"Kacchan... I-I... I think..."
"Jeez nerd, chill out. You stutter when you're nervous."
My heart swooned at the nickname and slight curiosity built at the observation. Cheesy, right?
His words also built up the small pile of confidence, knowing that this could break our relationship, for the better or the worst.

I was scared.

I breathed a sigh.
"Kacchan, I like you. A lot. Like, like like you, more like love actually, if I even know what love means, and I know you don't like me but I just had to say it and-"
"Stop nerd, you're mumbling. And I like you too, a lot."

Warmth pools behind my freckled cheeks as a ferocious heat built behind my ears and over my nose. I must be blushing like a mad man.

Kacchan chuckled, just confirming that I looked like a tomato. I stick my tongue out at him, giggles building in my own chest as his chuckles increase in volume.

"So, are we dating now? Orrrrrr..."
"Yeah nerd, you're my f****** boyfriend."

I giggled once more at his ever vulgar language, a proud smirk gracing my now-boyfriend's face.

"We better head to class before we're late."
"Sure nerd, I'm sure it doesn't ring for a couple of-"
Riiiiiiiiing
"Minutes..."

We ran down the hall.

—————————

Kacchan glanced around the large room that was my lab.
"This is a big place 'Zuku."
I blushed at the new nickname. What is with me and blushing!? (Literally me)
"I have a lot of inventions and experiments as well as requests, so I'm quite busy, 'Tsuki."
It was his turn to blush, leaving pink to bloom across cheeks as the nicknames were exchanged.

Oh wait. Will he find out about me being Deku? It was his name! Has he-

"From that look on your face, I'm guessing you're trying to hide something."
He walked up to me, taking my chin in his hand and tilting it up so I was staring right into his beautiful vermillion eyes.
"That's not going to fly."

I swear my heart melted with those few words.

Is he a natural flirt?