Pouring rain

-Izuku's POV-

I was shaken awake, my neck stuff as my eyes fluttered.
We were back at UA.
I'm back.

I finally felt safe behind UA's gate.

We first went to my lab to drop of the de-bugged case. Then he delivered me to my dorm.

I was obviously tired so he left, going to 3-A and delivering the news that I had been rescued.

Just like every other time.

I was done with the day, exhausted so I collapsed onto my bed, letting sleep take me away from reality.

With only one thought plaguing my dreams

Bakugo?

————————

I walked into class, chatter immediately ceasing. I stepped into the class, waking with purpose, seizing the angry blonde by his wrist and pulling him out of the classroom.

I ended up dragging him to my lab.

I was going to talk to the boy I had ended up yelling at last time we talked, a month ago.

I was frustrated and confused.

"Okay, spill. Why did you help rescue me?"
He just gaped at me.
"I care about you! Why would I not try to rescue you."
"Because you hate me!"
"No I don't! Listen 'Zuku. I was stuffed up in middle school, my whole childhood was stuffed up! I regret it! So damn much! What can I do to prove this to you."
It was my turn to be stunned.

I was speechless.

He-

He cares?

Is this another trick?

But...
He said he was sorry, he didn't know what he was doing. He seems genuine.

So why is he hiding something.

"If you're telling the truth, that you're truely remorseful, why are you hiding something?"
"Because, you don't know why I was such an asshole who couldn't understand his feelings."
"Feelings?"
"Just-"
"Katsuki, if you tell me, I may be able to forgive you."

I swear I lit a light in his eyes with that sentence. And also a blush apparently.
He broke the mask.

"I had- no, have a crush on you." He mumbled.

I didn't miss it.

My own feelings from 3 years ago came back, a replication of his own blush upon my face.

"Ka-kacchan... I... I did too... I'm not so sure about now but..."
The light dimmed a little bit it was still there, within his crimson irises.
"Then I'll wait until you're sure."

"I can't say I forgive you completely Kacchan, but I'm willing to restart, forget the past and all our mistakes. A blank slate."

He smiled, soft, nothing like his normal sneer.

"I can work with that, nerd."

I smiled back at the nickname, it's meaning had changed a lot in the past 10 minutes.

"Let's go, class starts soon, and we're going to be late."

————————

I waked with Kacchan to the 3-A dorms. I didn't live there but he wanted me to spend more time with the class. So I obliged.

As we stepped inside, the mask slipped back on.
It's been a about two months and only a select few had broken it.
There were a few cracks and slip ups, but not many.

"Ey! It's Midoriya!" I hear Kirishima and Mina yell.
I smile a little and Kacchan smiles at my smile. Chain reaction huh.

Kacchan went over to the couches with the dubbed "bakusquad" sitting along them. I sit down next to him.
They begin talking about memes, Kacchan's usual grumpy persona up. Soon I see Uraraka and Tsu with Iida and Todoroki. Todoroki catches my gaze and gestures for me to come over.
I do, Kacchan noticing but brushing it off, and I begin to talk to them. They were actually quite fun.
I guess this is a day for opening up huh.

I don't think I'll need the mask anymore.

Eventually I've talked to almost everyone in the class. It was getting close to dinner time.

"I should go."

"Stay for dinner nerd."
I turn to see Kacchan getting up to start dinner.
"You remember what I used to teach you."
I smile wistfully, getting up from the chair and walking over to him.

-third person-

Everyone just gaped at my moving form.
Bakugo never let anyone near the kitchen when he was cooking.
And they were talking!?

The class could sense the tension between the two so this was surprising to say the least.

Katsuki told Izuku they were making katsudon and Izuku grinned, knowing with full confidence Katsuki wanted to make his favourite dish.
They got to work, Izuku recognising Kacchan's cooking style.

The class was still a little stunned by the actions done by the most unexpected people but soon chatter started again.

Not too long after, the smell of cooking fish and spice filled the air and that became the topic of discussion.

Soon 21 bowls of katsudon are served and everyone sat at t he tables, enjoying the fruits of the childhood friends.

The two in question bonded over the meal, catching up on the years, blatantly ignoring their childhood together.

Izuku's thoughts began to wander.

Have I gotten any messages as Deku?
I wonder if people have noticed Deku went missing for a week and a half.
I'll have to check with Alex.

He shook himself out of it, returning his attention to Katsuki.

He was having fun.

He felt happy.

For once.