Chapter 1 (e)

(e)  signifies the chapter is edited.

[Trailer made by the awesome @trymcc]

{first chapter edited by @culaccino}

(Sept 2019 Update: I need to clarify that I wrote this in 2012 when I was 12 with no idea how love works so read at your own risk)

✩★

*November 29th*

Ugh. When the hell would this lunch line end? I muttered to myself, tapping my left foot, twirling my hair so it made a permanent knot. It would match with the other many knots I had made.

Why was the lunch line so freaking long?

Couldn't I have some special pass? It was my eighteenth birthday.

Before I knew it, I had bumped into Alex Beaut, son of the Alpha of the pack Silver Moons in the lunch line. Also known as the most feared and powerful werewolf yet, in our generation.  

God, I was in trouble.

I thought of many ways to apologize.

I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to!

Please don't do anything to me, I'm dead serious, I didn't mean to bump into you.

I was going to die on my birthday.

All my worries dissipated when he spun around his breathtaking green eyes meeting my brown ones. Suddenly, sparks flew around us, indicating the future Alpha found his mate.

And it was me. Audrilina Jean Woods, Beta's daughter, normal girl, werewolf, just... me.

Everybody in the cafeteria saw the bright sparks and gasped, murmurs spreading through the room like ink in water.  All the people had expected that the Alex would find his mate on his birthday instead of now.

I guess life was full of surprises.

In the blink of an eye, matching tattoos appeared on Alex's and my shoulder, etching into our skin, indicating that we were mates. No joke now.

After a moment of awkward silence, one of Alex and I staring back and forth, his green eyes piercing into mine, I began to count the gold flecks in his eyes.

One, two, three, four, five-

He suddenly ripped his gaze off me, and faced the cafeteria, where everyone was, frozen in their seats, waiting for something to happen.

I had always dreamed of finding my mate ever since I was young. A person who would love me for life, no matter what. Someone who would sweep me off my feet. Someone who would always be there for me, regardless of what situation it was.

And I had found my mate. On my 18th birthday. And it was the Alex Beaut, the most powerful werewolf in our district.

"I, Alexander Drew Beaut, do not accept Audrilina Jean Woods as my mate."

What?

Oh, there's a catch to my dreaming. I also wished I hadn't been this much of a dreamer when it comes to mates and love. 

I watched as both of our right arms ignited into bright flames, and the matching tattoos scorched on our shoulder burned away, leaving a black mark.

A black mark that would always remind me of the heartbreaking and humiliating rejection every single day.

 I then watched my heart plummeted to the ground, and shattered into a million pieces.

My name is Audrilina Jean Woods, Beta's daughter, and on my 18th birthday I got rejected by the Alpha's son.