Don't Say You Love Me

Start from the beginning

"We don't have to go if you don't want to. I want you to be happy."

"Y/N, I'm fine. I want to go. I'm happy as long as I'm with you." Carl plays with my hair and I lean into his neck, giving him light kisses. 

I happen to notice a knife in his pocket and before I can think I take it and place it in my jacket pocket. 

"Really?" He says rather calmly. 

"I have to. Just for now." I kiss his neck again and I'm surprised when he doesn't argue. "I have to get ready." I start to get off of Carl but he strengthens his grip.

"Not just yet. Please? I love you too much."

"Carl, I love you too but I need to get ready to go!" I laugh. I'm finally able to convince him to let me go and I change out of today's clothes into my most decent looking outfit. 

"Y/N, you literally had plenty of time to get ready. You're already done and we still have," he checks his watch, "like 30 minutes. Come here." I roll my eyes and walk towards him. As soon as I'm close enough Carl stands up and pulls me into him quickly, gently placing his lips on mine. He starts to kiss me roughly and rubs his hands up and down my sides as I wrap mine around his neck. He pushes me against a wall and presses his body to mine, making me shiver. He suddenly pulls away from me, looks into my eyes, smirks, and then walks backwards until he reaches the bed.

"You're a fucking tease," I laugh. 

After a little bit we decide to head to Deanna's house for the party. As we walk on the sidewalk I can feel Carl's anxiousness. He doesn't talk and he keeps his head down. I grab his hand. This seems to calm him down a little and it makes me feel better. I wish he could see how perfect he is. I wish I could take all of his pain and anxiety away. 

We reach the front door and I squeeze Carl's hand before we head inside. There is a lot of chatter coming from every area of the first floor. Enid pops up in front of us with a big smile on her face. "Hey guys! How are you? Oh, Carl, I have your comic but I left it at my house."

"That's okay, I can get it later," Carl says. He's squeezing my hand a little harder and I can almost hear how fast his heart is pounding. All I'm focused on right now is trying to get Carl to calm down. 

"Okay, great. I'm going to see Ron now. See you guys later!" She hugs me and walks off. 

I kiss Carl on the cheek and play with his hair. "You okay?" I whisper to him. 

He nods in response and guides me over to the porch with his hand on my back. "I'm sorry, it's just one of my off days today," he says when we reach the outside. 

"Don't apologize. It's not your fault. Do you want to go home?" I ask him. 

He looks out into the distance, leaning on the porch railing. "No. Not just yet. Dad would get suspicious, so would others. Soon, though. If that's okay with you, of course."

"Of course it's okay with me. Let me know when you want to leave."

He nods and we head back inside. Ron and Enid meet us in the kitchen and we get talking for a bit about anything and everything. After another 45 minutes I notice Carl's mood starting to drop again. 

"Are you ready to go Carl? I know you have an early morning tomorrow." He doesn't have an early morning tomorrow, but I thought I'd make it believable and not suspicious. 

He nods. "Yeah. Bye guys." He puts on a fake smile and we leave the house. "You know me too fucking well, Y/N."

"I just want you to feel comfortable and happy," I say. He smiles a genuine smile this time as we walk down the street. 

He stops at my house. "I guess I'll see you tomorrow?"

I give him a confused look. "Hell no, I'm not leaving you alone tonight. You can't make me. I'm staying with you, Carl, whether you like it or not."

"You don't have to do this-"

"I know I don't have to do this. I want to." I kiss him lightly. "Come on," I say and lead him towards his house. When we reach his room I suddenly realize something. "Wait, Carl I have to go back to my house real quick I forgot clothes to change into," I say as I look down at my jeans and sweater. That would not be a comfortable night. 

"Just wear my shirt," he suggests. 

I smile and bring him close to me. "Can I have this one?" I point to the one he was wearing. 

Carl laughs and replies, "what's wrong with all the other ones I have?"

"Well, this one smells like you."

He laughs again and rips off his shirt. He gently takes my sweater off and places his shirt over my head. It's about the length of a really short dress on me. I take off my jeans and debate on asking for shorts or sweatpants, but I decide against it and don't really care at the moment. Carl puts on a sweatshirt as I lay on the bed. He lays next to me and wraps an arm around my waist, pulling me close to him. 

"Are you feeling okay?" I whisper. 

"I am now. Just being with you alone. It's not stressful, just relaxing." 

"Hopefully you're dad doesn't walk in tonight. That'd be fun to explain," I say.

Carl chuckles. "Yeah it would be."

"Carl?" I say. "I don't feel like going to sleep yet. Can we just cuddle and talk?"

"How'd you know that's one of my favorite things to do with you?"

"Wild guess," I tease, kissing his nose. "You're perfect, you know that right?"

"I'll never see it like you do, Y/N."

"I wish you could."

So sad. I feel bad for making Carl so sad and anxious. Love you Carl.