Chapter 26. The Battle Between Monsters

Ferris and Maxwell run into the gym and notices the new monster staring back at them. "Oh my God." Said Maxwell. "What is that Professor?" Ferris wipes sweat from his forehead. "It is a fusion of Phoenix and Haze." He said. "This is the most scariest version of both of them together. Just slowly back away." But as everyone was trying to escape, the monster smashes the doorway causing it to collapse. "Run!" Yelled Ferris. They start running to the other doorway to escape, but the monster smashes it too. Then they started running to the other side of the gym, it traps them there too. Now there was no way out of the gym. "We're trapped!" Yelled Casey. Angela hugs Eric tightly with fear. "I'm scared Eric!" She said. Suddenly, the school's clock that was located outside in the parking lot begins to chime. It had just hit midnight. The monster begins to look around nervously. Everyone was mostly confused of what was happening. "What's the big deal?" Asked Cody. "Its just the clock going off." Ferris and Maxwell both became relieved. "Just in time." Said Ferris. "What?" Asked Smith. Suddenly, they hear thunder from outside the school. "Is it trying to storm?" Asked Cody. "That's no storm." Said Maxwell. Suddenly, a large figure crashes through the ceiling and lands in the gym also causing all the lights to go out. The only  thing everyone could see was the glow of the hideous red monster that was still looking around. "What's happening?" Asked Casey. "Quickly!" Said Ferris. "Get behind the bleachers!" As everyone was trying to get to a safe place, a flash of lightning strikes the red monster. It gets angrier and desperately looks around again. Then another lightning bolt strikes it again. Then most of the lights came back on, and everyone saw Taren standing on the other side of the gym. He stares directly at the fusion of Phoenix and Haze. The people hiding behind the bleachers were happy to see him come around. Taren roars at the red monster and the red monster growls back at him. They suddenly run to each other and the fight was on. "He's fighting against them!" Said Smith. Crystal finally comes to after she took a hard hit and joins in on the fight. Everyone sat behind the bleachers as fire, ice, and lightning flew across the gymnasium. The fusion monster picks Taren up off of his feet and carries him outside of the school. Everyone was watching the brawl from a distance. People were pointing at the two monsters in the air. The fusion monster  threw Taren into the concrete below. It lands on top of him and grabs his massive ears. But unfortunately, that was only a huge mistake, because the ears were Taren's lightning rods for his lightning powers. He brutally shocks off both of the monster's arms. It screams with pain. Crystal finally makes it out of the gym and continues to help. She crawls up the monster's back and tries to freeze it's head. Suddenly it grabs Crystal tightly and pulls her off it's back. Crystal bites his hand, but unfortunately, it didn't do much damage. The monster throws her hard across the parking lot and into one of the cars. Taren notices and becomes furious with the fusion monster. He quickly gets back on his feet, and tackles the monster down on it's back. Taren uses his sharp claws to attack the monster. But yet again, it found a way to strike back. It kicks Taren off and grabs him by his tail. It slams him on the concrete continuously. People in the crowd stood back watching the fight trying to cheer for Taren. "C'mon long ears!" Said Corey. "You can do it!" Yelled  a student. Taren uses his tail to strike more lightning into the monster's face. It was strong enough for the monster to let go of him, but Taren was seriously hurt by it's attacks. Everyone was still trying to cheer him on. The fusion monster kicks him down on the ground hard. Suddenly, before it could do anymore damage to the Lightning Creature, a football hits the fusion monster in the back of the head. It turns around angrily and looks at Eric and the others. "Give it up you two!" Yelled Eric. "You're not gonna win this!" "Yeah!" Yelled Angela. "You don't scare us anymore!" The monster growls again and was about to strike them all, when suddenly, a firetruck sprays a large amount of water at the beast. Principal Carl Maxwell was behind the wheel of the firetruck. It was doing enough damage to weaken the monster. Taren then gets back up and grabs it's neck and drags it down to the concrete. "Give it another Maxwell!" Said Smith. Maxwell sprays it again continuously.