Spain x Reader - I Promised, Didn't I?

Dedicated to pumpkin_orange020 ! Hope you like this! Sorry it took so long! This is only fluff since lemons are so looooong. And it takes me days to do it.....some lemons. XD

Anyway, thank you for requesting and continuing to read! This story starts at the 1970's I guess or 80's whatevs XD IM SORRY XD
.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,..,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,,,.,,

All my life, without a doubt I give you
All my life, now and forever till the
Day I die, you and I will share

Blood spilled at your face. Although it was gross, it had to. You pant and stop. You were lucky the enemies were occupied by someone else. You heard steps, the man's metal boots clinking and it was nearing your way. You sigh, irritated yet amused by this. You turned around and slashed the man's head.

You grin and suddenly, a shadow hovered yours.

Antonio was getting really furious about this. More men were coming and he was tired. He growled and threw his sword to the man who was about to kill a Spaniard. The Spaniard nodded his head to Antonio as if saying his 'thanks'. Toni nodded his head too. He looked around, searching for you and finally found you, getting cornered by a man. He scowled and got a knife from a dead man's body. He charged at the man and thrust his sword into him. The man choked up blood.

All the things this changing world can offer
So I sing, I'd be happy just to
Stay this way, spend each day, with you

He looked back at you, green eyes gleaming concern and you gave him a reassuring smile, signaling you were alright. He looks at you and frowns. "Mi amor, I told you not to enter the battlefield!" He whisper-shouted. You frown and glare your (e/c) eyes at him. "I can't let you die here," You stated sadly and muttered, "At least not without me." He sighs. This couldn't be helped but...

"Stay at the castle," He ordered firmly but wasn't done yet as you opened your mouth, "And I promise, I'll be there, alive." He says seriously, giving you two eye-contact. At first, you wanted to deny his offer but,

"Alright," You say, looking down at your armored feet. He smiles and hugs you, leaning in for a kiss. You happily kissed back.

"Ah, how cute," a stroke with a sword on your stomach made both of your eyes widen.

There was a time, that I just thought
That I would lose my mind

Antonio, with wide eyes, looked at your fallen body with shock. He stared at you for a moment and finally meet the enemy's eyes. His eyes gleamed in revenge as he skillfully slashed the man's head. As the head fell with the body, he looks back at you and carried you somewhere safe.

By the time both of you were nowhere to be seen by the enemies, he cried, "______...please stay alive for a while, after we win this battle, I'll get the best doctors to heal you..." He promised and you tried a smile as it weakly made its way to you lips. You shook your head, "N...no need, I-" You coughed, a little blood spilling. Tears stung his eyes. "Don't talk," He pleaded but you just smiled.

He gulped a sobbed and shakily grasped your hands with his. "I-I'll be here," he whispered. You chuckled and coughed again. He closed his eyes, wanting to stop the tears that's falling.

You came along and then the sun did shine
We started on our way

"Don't....w-worry.." You whispered and held his hand tight with all your might. "We-We'll see each other...a-again....remember....." He shook his head. "That's different, you won't remember me," He stated, a sob starting. You smile.