CHAPTER 33💐

{It's from bad to worse}

               🌹STACY POV🌹

"Dad?... Mom what is he doing here?"

"Candy I'm really sorry for leaving you and your mom." That was the name my dad used to call me when I was a kid. He said I was a sweet little girl and my dad was the best dad one could ask for when I was growing up but he turned out to be the worse.

We were one happy family until he lost his job because of his negligence and instead of getting another job, he heaped all the responsibility on mom's shoulders.

Mom never for once complained and for two years, she was the breadwinner of the family while my dad was always nagging and blaming his bad luck on her.

When he got tired he left. We pleaded with him not to leave but he left anyways and ten years later, he shows up and thinks things can return to normal. No way! As far as I am concerned he is dead to me.

"Don't fucking call me that. After all these years, ten years dad. Now you think you can come back into my life and I will welcome you back? As far as I'm concerned I don't have a father." I yelled trying hard not to cry.

"Stacy you have to forgive your father. He's sorry."

"Mom you surprise me. After what he did, you still speak for him? Let me refresh your memory in case you have forgotten. Mom this man here made you look like a slave. You catered for our needs and all he could do was sit all day at home nagging. Mom you endured all these for two years mom, but what did he do? He left. Mom we both pleaded for him to stay but he left anyways and you stand here to tell me to forgive him?Hell no!!"

"Candy I'm really sorry I left. It was really stupid of me to have left. I'm sorry please take daddy back."

"Don't you ever call me that. You should have thought about that before you left. Its just too late to came back now. As you can see we are doing fine without you. You can go back to where ever you came from."

"He's still your father Stacy. Watch how to speak to him."

"He is not my father. I lost my father ten years ago. In fact I'm out of here. I can't stand you right now. Caleb let's go." I walked out of the house.

"Stacy!" Caleb called as he follows me behind. His hands grabbed mine as he turns me to face him with my back resting against the car.

"Stacy look at me." He raised my chin to look at him.

"You should forgive him."

"You don't have to beg for him Caleb. He fucking abandoned my mom and I."

"I know how you feel Stacy. I felt that way too when you left..."

"Caleb that was totally different and don't try to make me feel bad about what happened between us."

"You know I won't. I love you too much Stacy to make you feel bad."

"Then stop talking about my dad. I'm sick of it. I'm never taking him back"

"He made some really bad decision Stacy and I get it but the most important thing is to forgive those who hurt us.We are all humans Stacy and we make mistakes.He looked truly repentant you should give him a chance to make things right"Caleb's eyes were Soft as he said that.Its really hard to resist his words and I slowly felt my anger subsiding.

"Caleb what have you done to me? Your words just melted all the anger I feel inside of me"

"I guess that's the power of love"

"I will forgive him because of you and nothing else"

"Thanks babe"he gives me a brief kiss and I smile.

"Come on your dad is waiting"Caleb says and pulls me into the house with him.

Dad looked really frustrated while mom was trying to sooth him.

"Dad"I called as they turned to face me.

"Stacy... I'm really sorry"his eyes were filled with regrets and I could sense that he was truly sorry.

"Stacy please forgive your father"

"Come on Stacy.Do the right thing"Caleb winked at me.

"I forgive you dad"I tell him plainly.

"Really? Thank you darling"he hugged me and I was quick to disengage from the hug.He shouldn't think that things will go back to the way they were cause they won't.He can't replace those ten years without him he can only try to make up for it.But no matter what he does things will never remain the same.

"You must be Prince Caleb.I have heard so much about you"

"oh really.Good things I hope"

"Of course please sit"Caleb held my hands and made me sit with him on one of the couches in our sitting room.

"I really want to thank you for what you did for my daughter not all men can do that"Of course he is one of the men who can't do that.

"She's the love of my life and my fiancee of course I will do anything for her"Caleb holds my hands as he smiles at me.

"Would you like to have anything? Maybe a cup of coffee"

"No I'm fine"

Their conversation was so boring and I almost fell asleep.They talked about our wedding plans and stuffs like that.

When Caleb noticed I was bored,he asked for us to leave.

"You really don't like your dad?"

"I don't"

"Well I don't expect you to like him immediately.Its takes time,you still need time to heal"I huff silently.

"Maybe"The truth is I don't think I will ever like him again.

            🌹ARTHUR

"My prince a young lady is here to see you"

"Who could that be?"I ask drinking my cup of coffee.

"She didn't say but she says you know her"

"Know her? I will join her shortly"

"Ok my prince"Ronin says and left.

Who could that be? I stand up and head out of the room.I step into the visitors lodge and sight her.

Cynthia? My bully I can't believe she's here to torment my life again.She was busy with her phone so I guess she didn't see me.I should sneak away from her.She's trouble and I don't  want to see her so I proceed to walk away.

"Arthur"her voice stopped made me stop at my track.Oh God this is trouble  Why is she back?

I turn around to face her with a frown on my face.

"Who are you?"I ask pretending not to know her.

"You really don't know me huh?"

"I don't"I huff and proceed to leave but she pulled me back by ears.

"Ouch ouch ... that hurts"

"Do you remember me now?"she smirks.

"Yes.. Yes Cynthia just let go of my ears"she let go of my ears and I exhale holding my ears.

"You really haven't changed.You are still as troublesome as ever"

"You say what?"she gave me a deadly glare.God why am I so scared of her.

"Nothing"I said and ran away.

"Arthur come back here"she ran after me.