A Day In Bunker 9

Requested by: Reader_Infinity

You felt Leo squeeze your hand in reassurance as you entered the underground Bunker 9, staring in awe at all the machines and blueprints that you passed. He pointed out a certain contraption every now and then, explaining what it did just to pass time as you walked towards the blueprints that he had wanted to show you for a long time. You headed for the table in the centre, and upon reaching it, Leo started babbling. "So I've been thinking about this a lot, and I really wanted to make it perfect, but I obviously can't make it perfect without your help, 'cause, well, you know, it's not just me in this relationship. Anyway, I was thinking of adding speakers on each side, or do you think a stereo would be better? I can't really decide and -" he stopped when he realised you were laughing and shaking your head. "What's wrong? Do you think it's a bad idea? I mean, I can change it if you want, but I really do think the speakers would be awesome-"

"Leo, I don't even know what you're talking about." He realised that, through all of the excitement, he hadn't even mentioned what he was planning on making. "Oh, well, you know how we always get caught when we don't follow our schedules?" You nod, you had been told multiple times by Chiron that your archery and pegasus flying lessons were important, but you still decided to bunk anyway. It was much more fun sitting by the lake and cuddling with Leo. He smiled and pushed away some pieces of paper to reveal a large blueprint that seemed to be a tree house of some sort. "It's just a normal tree house," he explained "except it can become invisible, and it's completely soundproof, and it looks small, but it's actually three times the size on the inside. Oh, and the roof opens so we can see the stars at night." He smiled at himself and wrapped his arms around you as you grinned so wide it hurt. You couldn't believe that Leo had planned something like this, it looked amazing. "It's perfect Leo, I love it." He pulled you in for a kiss, and you two spent the rest of the day thinking of ways to improve the tree house.

You two were discussing where you should put the smoothie bar, when you heard "Hey, are you a daughter of Hephaestus?" You turned around to see a short boy with brown hair pulled into a quiff and beautiful blue eyes. You hadn't seen him before, and it was obvious that he hadn't seen you, so you assumed that he was a new arrival. He was staring right at you, and you realised that the question was for you, too. "Um, no I'm not. I'm a daughter of Y/G/P." There was a frown plastered on his face as he said his next words. "Then what in the Hades realm are you doing here? Only Hephaestus kids are allowed down here." You scoffed, that didn't seem fair. "What about letting Piper down here?" You looked at Leo, hoping for some backup from him, but he was concentrating on the blueprint, not paying much attention. "Yeah, well.. Piper's hot." You couldn't say his words didn't hurt, you were good friends with Piper, and you knew that you were nothing compared to her, but you really hadn't expected someone to say it to your face. Still, you tried to make a joke out of it. "I know I'm ugly and everything, but-" you were cut off by Leo. "Excuse me, you are not ugly." He saw the boy glaring at you and started getting protective. "What are you glaring at?" The boy didn't take his eyes off of you as he said "Someone who isn't supposed to be here."

 "Are you talking about Y/N?" the boy nodded but stopped short as he saw Leo wrap an arm protectively around your waist. "I'll have you know, that if the Supreme Commander of the Argo II wants his girlfriend to come to the bunker he found, then that is what the Supreme Commander of the Argo II will do. You've only been here a week and you've already managed to piss me off. Nice going, Ryan." Ryan dropped his head in shame and walked off to the small work station he had been testing a machine at. Leo pulled at your arm so you would face him before squishing your face with both hands. "You are not ugly. Do you understand?" You smiled (which was really hard when your face was squished) and nodded. "Good." He kissed you once more and you continued working. By the end of the day, you had decided on a slide, a candy bar instead of a smoothie one, a fireman pole, giant sofas, hammocks and an awesome tree house wouldn't be complete without a magic fireplace.