"I'm a father.."

"I'm a father.." You heard your husband, Leo, murmur to himself once again. After eight painstakingly long hours of labour, your son, Theodore Valdez had been born. He was the most beautiful thing either one of you had ever seen. He had been crying a lot, but after a couple of hours, he had calmed down, smiling as he nestled into your arms. His toothless smile was adorable, and you could see a small dimple on his right cheek, which just made him even cuter. Leo hadn't said anything, except for mumbling 'I'm a father' every few minutes. You could see that his words shocked him every time he said it, and to he completely honest, you were still recovering from the shock yourself. You were a mother. A mother. You could just imagine your son in a few years, his father's jet black, curly hair and your beautiful smile. Leo's nose too. The thought brought tears of happiness to your eyes. You had always known that you would get married to Leo, and eventually become parents, but you had never expected the feeling of complete and utter joy that came with the arrival of parenthood.

"I'm a father.." He murmured again, and this time, you actually replied. "Yes, Leo, you are." He just needed your voice to get out of the trance of disbelief that he was in, and tears came to his eyes as he studied his newborn child. Caressing his cheek, he leaned down and planted a kiss to Theodore's forehead. "He's beautiful." He finally turned to you, giving you a sweet kiss, a well deserved one at that. "You're gonna make an amazing mom."
"And you're gonna make an amazing dad." You replied, and it wasn't just a compliment, you really believed that he would make a great father.

________________________________________

So.. I haven't written anything for about a month.

Sorry.