𝓒𝓪𝓻𝓮

I would a lifetime to be with you

                 -Anonymous

Ahira's pov.

Whole city was adorned with number of lights even at this hour. The night sky whispering thousands of untold stories to the stars. Taking a deep sigh of relief, i stepped forward with Azlaan by my side. We were in a mountain top park which has an breathtaking view. 

"Nice place" I remarked to him with a smile. The smile on his face said it all, that how happy he is to see me smiling. I wish i could be like this, but the grief always takes over the happiness. Perhaps, I can overcome these things but my mind doesn't lets me to. It rips me apart to see my loved ones sad, because of me. They stopped being happy because I stopped being one. 

My heart wants to cry over the fact that i lost my child but at the same time it wants me to be happy so that Azlaan can be happy. I know he is hurting inside, and I want to heal him like he wants for me. And I will heal, soon, for him. 

A revival out of my dream, with a snap of Azlaan's finger. 

"Seems like you are in deep thoughts? " He interrogated. 

"Nothing, just mesmerised by the view" I faked a smile and looked ahead. All of a sudden the view was no more interesting, the cool breeze suffocating me. 

"Can we go home? " I asked out of nowhere. 

"You alright? " He questioned frowning at me. 

"I am fine, just feeling a little bit suffocated" I responded. 

"See Ahira, I have already said, don't hide anything from me. " He said sincerely. 

"I want some more time, " I said. 

"You can have the whole life time, but talk to me , be it anything" He cupped my checks so gently as if i was a glass showpiece, which would break if applied pressure. 

I nodded, sighing. Keeping my head against where his heart lies. The suffocation long exchanged into comfortable silence, as i took in the beautiful scene along with the most rhythm music, his heartbeat. 

We stood like that for what felt like a century, but it was just an hour. 

"Let's go home, " He said, pecking my forehead. 

We got into the car and drove home, and within minutes I was fast asleep as it was more than 2 am, probably. 

★★★

"We should invite Affan too" Ahaan bhai insisted. We were all in my home, deciding about the Mahabaleshwar trip, well basically they were deciding and I was quiet. 

"Yeah! Let me call that monkey" Ayesha remarked taking out her mobile. I was least interested because I know they are leaving all their work only to cheer me up! Come on, I am depressed. Ok I am depressed but it's not like I'll never overcome it, it's just the grief of not being able to protect my child.. And the news of me having only a 5% chance to get pregnant again. 

"He is coming" Ayesha clapped her hands like a child who got his second ice cream. 

I yawned feeling bored, getting up from the couch, I walked to the kitchen to fetch something for myself. 

"I am so excited to go there " I turned to see a grinning ayesha standing at the doorway. 

I smiled at her shaking my head, and poured some orange juices in the glass. 

"Take these," I said, handing her a plate of chocolate biscuits and other snacks. 

She scrunched her face looking at me. I raised my eyebrow indicating what? 

"I am your guest " She narrowed her eyes, making me roll my eyes in return. 

"Shut up and come" I chidded and went out. 

I kept the drinks on the table and was about to sit down, when I heard the doorbell. 

"Speak of the devil, and it's here" Ahaan bhai laughed. Hiding my small smile, I went to open the door. 

There stood affan with a wide smile, more like grinning at me. 

"Hi, sis! " He remarked. 

"Wa alaikum salam" I answered. He smiled sheepishly and entered the house. 

Everyone was so much indulged in the talk, I took it as an opportunity to escape and ran to my room, feeling sleepy at their boring discussion. 

With a deep sigh, I plopped in my bed and closed my eyes. From a carefree and bubbly person to total introvert. How fast our life changes? 

★★★

"Ahira? " I felt someone shake my form. 

Groaning at the intruder who disturbed my sleep, I opened my eyes. Feeling the bright light, I closed my eyes again. 

"When did you come up? " He asked. I got up with a jerk and held my head, feeling the dizziness. 

"Hey? You alright"

"I am feeling dizzy," I said, holding my head. 

"You didn't have lunch right? " His expression of  concern. 

"No " I got up rubbing my and walked towards the door. A wave of dizziness hit me again causing me to hold the door handle for support. 

"That's it, we are going to the hospital" He said, getting and dragging me out of the room. 

"I'm okay Azlaan" I whined. 

"Yeah, I can see that," He replied sarcastically, making me roll my eyes. 

I huffed in annoyance and followed him silently. We reached the clinic and did a small check up for his satisfaction. 

"It's nothing to worry, just a little bit of weakness " The lady cladded in white overcoat smiled at me politely. 

"She never has her food, unless i pursue her to " He complained, making me smile. 

The lady scribbled some tablets on the white paper and handed it to azlaan, directing him the timings and blah blah, while i looked around her room. This particular painting caught my attention where there was this baby crawling. A small smile crept on my face, as I became busy in adorning the painting. 

"Let's go? " 

"Huh? " 

I turned to see azlaan smiling at me, I smiled back and got up. 

It was all gone, the grief leaving behind the Longingness to have a baby. Just a desire to hold a baby in my arms. 

"We are going to eat something first" He said, more likely ordered 

"I said to you, I'll be okay once I have something," I said, shrugging. 

Like that qe headed to a new restaurant that Azlaan wanted to take me too and had our dinner. Ahaan, ayesha and affan were probably gone by tea time. 

And it's decided that we are going to mahableshwar the day after tomorrow. 

I sighed keeping my head on the window and drifting into the daydream or night dream 

Well i said that i will update once we reach 500 votes and this Henuviya30 and rockshower did it 527 and i am so happy !!!

Next update would be once i get free..My college started and am busy with studies *cries*

Until then enjoy!!
and my Henuviya30 's book SHADES OF LOVE !!

HAPPY READING 📖