𝓓𝓮𝓪𝓻 𝓐𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓪

They fell for her beauty
Then ran from her brain
-Anonymous

Edited by AyeshaDamar

Ahiras pov

I sat in the balcony admiring the patterings of rain drops. The brisk wet air was stroking my features and tickled my hair making me smile.

Thanking the almighty a hundred times, I looked up at the sky from where probably my parents are smiling at me.

Suddenly a nostalgic thought crossed my mind. 'What if my mom was alive? She would have been happy to see me in this place right?'

"And here you go ma'am" Turning to my left I saw Azlaan standing there with a steaming bowl of maggie. Licking my tongue, I rubbed my hands together making Azlaan chuckle at my act.

"I'm starving" I said as the thought of hot maggie in my taste bud crossed my mind.

In these past days my morning sickness has increased tenfolds and not to forget the dangerous mood swings. Thanks to my love who was patient with me all these times. I don't know if it's normal to have these many mood swings during the starting days only but what to do when I am the most different piece in this whole universe. And these cravings brought the best chef out of Azlaan because as per mom's order, he has to cook all the things that I ask for if he is present at home at the that time. I can't be more grateful to my own mother for choosing a mother-in-law like her.

And also for choosing this angel who is feeding me right now. The one who is mine by soul, heart, mind and everything.

"Such a tortoise you are" He scrunched his nose at my slow eating to which I just made a face.

"Thanks" I said after sometime. I don't know why I said that but I felt like saying it. Whatever he did for me till now, however small it was, it meant a lot to me.

"Umm..Why?" He asked a bit confused.

"Just for everything" I shrugged. Shifting a little I kept my head on his shoulder. The sky was neither dark nor bright. It was a blissful weather. I seriously felt like getting wet in the rain but I knew it will affect my health and besides Azlaan will scold me so I kept the idea to myself. Sitting with him, I felt relaxed and at home. Time passed by in a blur as we talked about anything and everything.

**************

Life is all about exploring every single emotions that's there in the world. It does changes with changing time, from disastrous to blissful and blissful to disastrous. I don't think so my life was ever disastrous. Yes, I did had my fair share of problems to deal with but I also had people who were there to support me. My life and my problems are nothing in comparison to those out there who are struggling daily even for basic necessities in their life.

"Ahira?" Opening my eyes I looked at the elderly women standing near the door frame.

"Come in mom" I said sitting up straight and ended up hissing in pain due to the cramps these days.

"Its ok dear, lay down" She said.

"I just wanted to give this to you" She said handing me an envelope.

"Umm...whats this?" I enquired examining the envelope.

"Something that your mom left for you" Saying this she went out of the room while I was staring at the envelope. Not being able to open it for some odd reason, I kept it on the side table.

Hours passed by as I got up and went downstairs to do some chores as I was bored sitting in one place only.

Mom was setting the table for dinner as Azlaan and uncle would be home anytime.

"You should have taken rest, my dear" She said seeing me there.

"I am getting bored sitting in one place" I said popping a grape inside my mouth from the basket.

"Assalamu alaikum" Hearing the masculine voices greet us, mom went inside the kitchen after replying to their salam. She came back with two glasses of water.

"Give it to me" I said taking the tray from her hand and strolled towards the living room.

"Dad" I said handing him the glass.

"Here" I said handing Azlaan the glass. I was about to go in but this shameless man held my hand. Trying to wriggle out of his grip, I failed miserably. Drinking the water he handed me the glass. Taking the corner of my duppata in his hand, he wiped his mouth making me scrunch my nose.

Thankfully mom and dad were engrossed in a conversation and didn't took notice of it.

"Idiot" I whispered hitting his hands away while he winked at me shaking his head.

*****************************

Twisting and turning my sides I tried to sleep but the pain in my lower back wasn't letting me to. And besides my mother's words from the letter were echoing in the back of my mind.

Dear Ahira,

Perhaps, I wont be there with you. And may be that's the reason that you are reading this piece of paper. I know you must be probably hating me for leaving you alone with no memories of ours to cherish. But my child, this is how life is. Nothing is permanent. Everyone and everything has an expiry date and it's just that mine was too early all thanks to this cancer. But I really hope that it doesn't affects you in any way.

Anyways, you are reading this at an important stage of your life. You are going to be a mother. A phase which is every woman's dream. Being a mother is a blessing my love. Love that baby as you wanted me to love you. May Allah bless you and Azlaan with lots of happiness. I know for sure that you will prove to be the best mother, my dear. Know that even though I am physically not present there, I am with you in every step you are taking.

-Your mother.

Turning my head towards the other side, I saw the man sleeping peacefully. His hands wrapped securely around my growing belly.

Closing my eyes I slept feeling content about my mom being with in my every step as she has mentioned.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~~••~•~•~~••~•~~•~•~

So as said! I have updated on sunday!!
And next update has a surprise or lets say, SHOCK!!

so how was the update? I know it was boring, and and little bit Short 😅
But please bare it

Happy reading📖