Chapter Two: Birthday Bash.

"Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday dear Becky, Happy birthday to you." Brandon, my mom, and dad sang to me to wake me up. "Thanks guys." I smiled. "What time is it?" I added. "It is 12:30PM." My mom smiled. "Why did you all let me sleep this long?" I asked frantically getting out of bed. "Honey, it's your birthday. Enjoy the sleeping in, school starts next week." My dad replied smiling. Why is my dad acting so nice today? I don't even care, i'm going to enjoy it.

"You're right, thanks again. I love you guys." I smiled hugging each and every one of them. "You're welcome sweetheart. When you are done showering and getting ready come downstairs, we all have a surprise for you outside. Well, in garage." My mom smiled hugging me one last time. "Okay." I smiled. They left my room and I got some clothes and took a shower.

After I got out of the shower I just put gel and hairspray in my hair and put on some eyeliner and mascara. I was wearing a red tight dress that came four inches above my knees, and for shoes I wore my black flats that has a bow on top of them.

I walked down the hallway to the living room and there was quite a few people gathered around watching TV. I coughed to let everyone know I was now in the room. They all stood up and smiled at me.

"You remember your Uncle Joe and Aunt Terry, right?" My dad asked smiling. "Of course, how could I forget my dads one and only beautiful sister and her wonderful husband." I replied smiling walking more into the living where so I could give my aunt and uncle a hug. "You can't forget me." My Aunt Julie smiled coming over to me to give me a hug. Julie was one of my mom sisters, the other one died of a car crash a little over a year ago. "Aunt Julie!" I squealed hugging her tight. Julie was the only one of my aunts and uncles that knew about my dad beating me. She has kept it a secret for over five years. "How have you been my dear?" Julie asked pulling out of the hug. "And what happened to your lip?" She added. "About my lip, i'm just nervous for junior year so i've been chewing it a lot." I lie. She knows the truth but, she goes along with it. "Well my dear, you need to stop that. You don't want to have a fat swollen lip for school." Julie smiled hugging me again. "I know." I giggled.

I was just so happy that my favorite aunt could make it for my birthday. She lives in Tampa, Florida. I use to go there for summer until I was 15 when my parents found out that she was letting me be in a relationship with a guy. My parents wouldn't allow me to date until I was 16. Which, now i'm 17. I smiled to the thought of that.

"And, your cousin Earl." Earl smiled. He was big, weight wise. He was also tall and he had a bald spot on the top of his head. Which was always shiny like he was proud of it. "Earl, I didn't even know you were here." I said walking over to him. "That's probably because I was in the kitchen, silly." Earl laughed. "Probably." I giggled giving him a hug. He always smelt dirty. Like he has been working under cars all day but, he was a salesman. I never really understood his smell but, i'm use to it. My cousin Earl wouldn't be the same without his funky smell.

"So, Becky. Are you ready for your presents?" My dad asked smiling. I nod my head. Now I know why he is being so nice. It's because family is here. I knew something was up.

"Let's start with your Aunt Terry and Uncle Joe." My mom smiled handing me a bag. I rip the tissue paper out of it and there was clothes in there. I hold up the black shirt that has a gold skull on it with rhinestones. Then I pull out a red shirt with rhinestone hearts on it. Then I pull out two pairs of jeans. Both dark leather. They were also skinny jeans. "I love them, thank you so much." I smiled putting the clothes back into the bag.

"I'm next." Earl sounds like a little boy excited. He hands me a small box. I open the box and it was a necklace. The necklace had a heart shaped container on it. "Is there something in the container?" I asked looking at the necklace. "Yes, in the container is some of your cousin sherrie's ashes." Earl frowned. Sherrie was his wife, she died last year of cancer. She was fighting brain cancer for over four years. "Thank you Earl." I smile giving him a big hug.

"Now me." Julie smiles. Her presents are always the best. She hands me a small box, that a ring usually comes in. I open the box and I was right, it's a ring. It has a picture of me and Julie in the diamond. It must've cost a lot of money for that. "Thank you so much Aunt Julie. I love it!" I squeal running, and I mean runnig over to her and I attack her in a bear hug. "I figured you would, I have the same ring." Julie smiled holding up her left hand. Her ring is on her index finger. I put mine on my ring finger.

"Okay, time for the big one." My mom shouts. "Put this on." Brandon smiled handing me a blindfold. I put the blindfold on and I feel someone take my hand and lead me somewhere. The gargage i'm guessing? I hear the door open and I hear keys rattling together. "Take off the blindfold." My dad says. I take the blindfold off and see a black range rover with white rims sitting there with a red bow on the hood. The bow isn't small either. It almost covers the whole hood.

"No way!" I scream. "It's all yours babygirl. You have earned it. Plus, me and your mom are getting tired of taking you to work everyday." My dad chuckled handing me the keys. "Take it for a spin." Brandon smiled. "Come with me?" I turn around and ask my Aunt Julie. She smiles and says, "Hell yeah!" I just laugh.

We get into my new car and I slowly back out of the garage. We drive around for almost an hour talking about anything and everything. Then, the talk gets serious.

"Please don't tell me that your lip is like that because of your dad." Julie looks at me. I can feel her staring at me. "You already know, do I really have to explain?" I asked frowning. "Why don't you com live with me?" "As much as I would love to, I doubt that my parents are ever going to let that happen." "Well, after this school year is over you are coming to live with me. You are 17 now, you are legal to move out on your own." Julie explains. I didn't know that. "Sounds good to me." I smile pulling back into the drive-way.

When we walk inside everyone is gone, including my parents and Brandon. Where could they be? My Aunt Julie said that she had to get back to her hotel. She left and I was home alone.

It was almost dinner time and they still weren't back. I just fixed me some Ramen Noodles, took a shower and went to bed.