The Man She Loves

Author's note: Hey everyone!

This one shot takes place after 3X09. In this one shot Rigo hasn't died, and Andy and Sullivan have a chance to talk about what happened in the store.
This has the same M rating as my last one shot did. I know that not everyone enjoy smut, and I will try to give you some more fanfics that doesn't have smut it them. I also feel a need to apologize for my smut. I am kind of still experimenting with it so it might not be that great.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy it and leave me your thoughts!

*******************

That feeling fades away.

The high. The excitement. The rush.

That feeling that you are at the top of the world, stronger than God almighty and his plans. That feeling that you survived to see another day. That the angel of death won't come knocking on your door. Not today, anyway.

And in its wake, there is something deep and hollow that takes over Robert Sullivan's body.

They have been in one more near death situation, the third in number. She has been in another near death experience.

And he can't stand the thought of it. Because the universe needs her. Her father needs her, each and every one of her teammates needs her. If she is gone, they won't make it through. They won't be able to pick up the pieces, to be the family that they are right now. Not without her.

If he won't be here, he is in doubt anyone will even miss him. Well, other than her, maybe, but she will get through it, with the help of her family and her friends and time.

He can't let her risk her life again.

He can feel her hovering behind him, fresh out of the shower. He is leaning against the counter in the kitchen, his fingers gripping the cool surface so hard they lose sensation. He can feel her placing one hand on his shoulder, rubbing it up and down in soft motions.

Over the last couple of weeks, ever since she came to his doorstep and asked him to kiss her, to make her feel again, she spends her nights more often than not at his place. And after that call they had today, he didn't even have to ask her where she planned to head after that shift was finally over.

He knew they needed each other's company. Everything between them was so raw and open and still soaked with their confessions of love and fear, that he knew she wouldn't be spending her time anywhere else but in between his arms.

So she met him by the entrance to his house, the both of them still too cautious to make the commute together. She went straight to the shower as he let her in, and while she was scrubbing away the smell of sweat and near death, he had quite a long time in his hands to sink into his own thoughts.

He can tell that she is wearing one of his crew T-shirts, even when she has many of her own. It used to drive him crazy, yet he can't help but notice how cute she looks in his big piece of clothing, which reaches just the middle of her thighs.

That woman, that woman he loves so much that it physically hurts sometimes, is going to be the death of him, probably in more ways than one.

"I ordered some Italian food from the place you like." Robert states as he turns to face her.

And then he can see it in her eyes. That feeling that you get only when you face death, and come out on the other side as a winner. She is still there, her whole body flooded with adrenaline. "So... What do you think that in the meantime, as we wait for our food..." She doesn't continue her sentence, but rather, shoves him into the counter. She tags his shirt out of his pants and opens the buttons slowly, one by one.