"I knew I could count on you!" She locked our arms and we walked into the hallway together. Once we were out of sight of the classroom she dropped my arm.

"So is there really nothing going on between you and Tanaka?" She questioned.

I raised my eyebrows, "No, we were talking at the beginning of class so he sat beside me for today. Why?"

She shrugged and didn't add anything else. I was too busy looking at her and ran into someone when we were going around the corner.

"Oh I'm sorry." I heard him say. When I turned to apologize I saw a man towering over me. He had a beard and everything. At first I thought he was a teacher but then I noticed his school uniform. I wonder if he got held back.

I realized I hadn't replied and quickly apologized as well. We both gave a small bow to each other and I ran to catch up with Aoki, "Geez I got scared for a second, I thought you booked it once I bumped in to him."

She gave a small laugh, "Sorry, he just looked too scary, I thought he was going to beat you up..."

I furrowed my eyebrows but laughed anyway, wondering if it was her attempt at humor.

Once we got to the vending machine she pulled out her coins and sighed, "Sorry Sakai, I only have enough to get me and Watabe something..." She frowned.

"Oh its alright, I packed some food today anyway." I smiled and waved it off. She hardly knows me so why should I expect her to buy something for me over her actual friend.

"You're so sweet." She pat my shoulder and got her snacks.

I looked around. These vending machines were actually pretty close the gym, we walked kinda far to get here.

"You coming?" She asked, holding the door open.

I nodded and walked back with her, neither of us saying much. I studied the hallways and tried memorizing which door to go out to get to the vending machines. I hadn't been around the school much so this little trip was helpful.

I opened the door to the classroom and smiled at Watabe who sat up when the door opened.

Aoki threw the snack on her desk and she opened it gingerly, "Thank you Aoki." She turned to me, "Did you not get one?"

I paused for a second and nodded, "I wanted you to have one."

She smiled and gave me a chip, "Eat this so you don't go hungry."

I laughed and ate the chip, "I brought my own lunch anyway so it doesn't matter." I pulled out my small lunch that I made in a rush this morning.

"I'm always too lazy to make my own lunch." Tanaka said, sitting back down in the seat beside me, "Plus the schools lunches are pretty good."

I looked at his tray and nodded, "It looks good."

He looked at his lunch and back at me, "Don't get any ideas. If you want some you can go get it yourself." He stuck his tongue out at me and shoved some of the noodles in his mouth.

I laughed, "Chill, I have my own." I rolled my eyes.

"You know we're looking for new managers." He said with his mouth full, pointing his chopsticks at me.

I furrowed my eyebrows trying to figure out what he was talking about, "What?"

"My bad, I meant for volleyball. Once Kiyoko graduates we won't have any managers so she's trying to train someone before she leaves." He explained.

Is this the third year he has a thing with? "That's cool, I don't know if I would want to be a manager though. I was going to play volleyball this year but I missed the tryout date." I picked through my lunch.