Chapter 23(Caroline)

"Are you ready for your first day of school?" I asked our three year old waking her up for her first day if preschool at Saint Mary's "momma, I gotta tell you something" she said excitedly "what is it Leslie?" I asked "I had a dream about kisses" she said happily and it took me a minute to comprehend "what kind of kisses?" I asked innocently "Carmel filled chocolate kisses" she said dreamily and I picked her up out of her bed "come on sweet heart, we need to get you ready" I said putting her down and taking we hand as I led her down the stairs to the kitchen where Aidan was making her breakfast "daddy!" she said running and hugging his leg "hey sweetheart, are you excited?" he asked and she nodded her head kissing him on his cheek and he put her down and set a plate of pancakes in from of her as I got myself breakfast because apparently I'm not good enough for him to make pancakes for me... joking I don't like pancakes..."good morning honey" I said kissing him on the lips "are you ready for another year of school?" he asked "most certainly not, but ill survive" I said drinking my coffee, "go down stairs and brush your teeth before you put your uniform on and then come up here and let momma brush your hair" I said and she ran back up the stairs to brush her teeth, "she is so adorable" I said sighing "well of course she is, because I'm adorable" he said "oh that's definitely why Aidan" I said walking away to go get dressed ten minutes later I was brushing and braiding Leslie's hair "come on Leslie, out to the car, we need to get there before mass starts" I said ushering her in and driving off to school dropping her off at her class room before rushing to mine and unlocking my door, and I was in for five minutes before my students started arriving.... the day kept wearing on, I had recently started teaching science instead of first grade and I honestly enjoyed it much more, because I could have intelligent conversations and use big words with them. I had told Leslie I would come and pick her up from her class room but five minutes after the last bell rang she was at my door "hi sweetheart, how was your first day?" I asked as she ran to me with a hug "good, I like my teacher" she said "good, do you want a snack?" I asked holding a bag in front of her that I had thrown random food items in for snacks and she grabbed something and sat down at a desk and ate "hey pumpkin" my uncle Rodger and headmaster said walking in hugging Leslie "uncle Rodger!" she said kissing his cheek, oh she was such a sweetheart "how was your first day?" he asked "good, I sit next to this girl and she wear pigtails" she said as we all laughed lightly "tell Uncle Rodger you'll see him tomorrow, because we need to get you over to grandma and grandpas" I said packing my stuff up and we left I dropped them off at my parents and went to the restaurant and went to the office "hey Patty" I said walking in seeing Patrick "hey carry" he said "where's Aidan?" I asked "he's probably actually doing his job, and I haven't done my actual job description in so long I'm not exactly what it is I'm supposed to do or what he does" he said and we both laughed. yes Patrick did act lazy most of the time but he always had his work done and he got it done fast and he wasn't lazy with his family at all. I walked around occasionally asking people how everything was just to make it look more believable that I actually belonged here, I finally found Aidan at the bar looking at a list of alcohol "hey" I said sitting next to him "hey, how was work and Leslie's first day?" he asked kissing me "good, and all I know is that she likes her teacher and that she sits next to a girl with pigtails" I said and we both laughed "Aidan what's wrong?" I asked seeing the look in his face when he's upset "nothing, I just realized that she's growing up so fast and the next thing you know she'll be sitting next to a girl with a nose ring in college" he said and I laughed "oh Aidan, your exaggerating" I said and he rubbed his head "couldn't we just make another one?" he asked "sure" I said and he perked up "seriously?" he asked, usually I told him no and to not even try, like I'm sorry I'm not always in the mood. "yes seriously, if you get that frown off your face we can make another one tonight" I said and his face lit up even more "I love you" he said kissing me.... "I know you do, and I love you too"