Mercedes X Depressed!Male!Reader

Dedicated to: The789Guy

Ok so I've never really done something like this but I've seen other people go through depression and so if this is sensitive to you please don't read. Instead go read my Danganronpa book. And to the 789Guy, I will finish Peko. Sorry.

"Y/n!" Byleth said. I raised my head slowly. "What?" I asked. "The answer to question 34?" I looked at the equation as best as I could. I blew away the hair in my face and looked again. "Ummmm I don't know." "Of course he doesn't!" I heard Felix say. I looked over to him. "He doesn't know anything. Why ask him, it's pointless! He doesn't contribute to fights, lectures, or Monastery activities. He's worthless!" Everyone looked at Felix in shock except me. "Felix. That is no way to treat a fellow classmate!" Dimitri stated. Felix looked at me. "Just die!! No one cares!" Felix slammed his fist as everyone gasped. "What's gotten into you." Ingrid got up and slapped Felix. "Ya I'm leaving." I said. I got up and left as everyone scolded Felix. I was at the door to my quarters when I heard a voice. "Wait!" Mercedes was running at the best of her ability. "Y/n, Felix didn't mean what he said he's just a little misunderstanding." "He was pretty clear in his comment. Please just leave me alone." I walked into my quarters. "You don't have to be alone all the time." I sighed. "Yes. I do. You don't understand cause you have friends that care." I slammed the door and locked it. I fell to the floor. "Why am I never good enough." I started crying as a note fell from the wall. I looked up and went to it. 'You are good enough don't listen to the people who tell you that.' It was from Bernadetta. At the beginning the year we found this hole where two former roommates connected. We decided to do the same. I grabbed paper and a quill and wrote back. 'I can't even go to class without someone telling me I'm not good enough. Please Bernie, I'm not in the mood.' I sent it over and received one back. 'Ok. Just don't do something you'll regret. Bernie can't lose a friend!' I smiled faintly at her note and say there in silence. Tears still streaming down my face. After awhile I heard a knock. "Hey Y/n." It was Ashe. "Annette and I wanted to stop by to see how you were doing." "I'm fine." I said. "Are you sure? You-" "IM FINE! Please go away!" I heard them leave as decided to go outside. It was pitch black but I decided to head to the Chapel. Although it was locked I was able to use magic to open it for a brief amount of time. I went inside and sat down. "Goddess..." I heard as footsteps approached. I saw Mercedes walking down from the front of the chapel and over next to me. We sat in silence for a few minutes but she spoke up. "You do know that Felix is pushy. He didn't mean that." I stayed silent. "He's wrong too you d-" "No. I don't. He IS right." Mercedes looked at me with more of a pitiful expression. "I don't participate in Monastery activities, battles, or anything else." Mercedes sighed. Mercedes hugged me from the side. "I believe the Goddess doesn't think the way you do of yourself. The Goddess and I don't." "Tch... what's the point. Everyone else thinks it but they're just too kind to say it." "Y/n please stop." I stared at Mercedes. "You are not the only one who has to go through bad stuff. I am originally from the Empire. My mom and I fled my house leaving my brother behind. My stepfather wants me to get married to a rich person." I kept staring at Mercedes as she continued speaking about her horrible life, her eyes watering up for the first time in what I've seen. "So please do not think that you're the only one suffering." She gently brushed my hair with her hand. "Your Stepfather..." I said slouching in my seat. "What are you going to do?" She sighed. We sat there in the morning light for awhile before she responded. "I-I don't know."  I continued to stare into her eyes. After awhile of looking at her hands she looked at me making me turn away blushing. "Thank you Mercie. I didn't know how much you would help me." "Oh silly. You just needed some happiness." Mercedes giggled standing up. "Plus I did it out of love." She continued, stretching. "L-love!?" I asked also standing. "Why of course. You being here is really helping me so I wanted to return the favor." She smiled. "You know Mercedes I would give us a shot." "I didn't say that." "O-oh." I said embarrassed at what my brain conjectured up with. "But it's exactly what I meant." I looked up at her the sunshine making her form even more graceful. That's when we heard the gate open. We looked to see Lady Rhea and her staff walk in. I grabbed Mercedes hand and hid behind a pillar. After they went by we ran out and back to our dorms wishing each other. I went into my dorm only to see an ocean of crumbled up paper balls.

An Evil Stepfather:
After the war started Mercedes and I made plans to go tell Mercedes' Stepfather that she would not be accepting the proposal. The Stepfather being furious yelled at us for awhile and then sadly kicked Mercie out. Not being able to stay in The Kingdom due to Cornelia, Y/n and Mercedes fled to the Alliance where Claude welcomed them into his home. After the war Y/n and Mercedes had a son which they named Emile. Dimitri granted them the Old Alliance and they lived happily ever after in Fodlin.

A/n: Sorry for my inactivity but everything has been so hard. I am hoping to get every request done before December 22, so if the requests that are requested on the day this is published are not done I apologize but I'm hoping they all will be done because I'm planning something very special for a friend on their birthday at the end of the month.

Published: 11/30/20