. 16 - Fate.

- Zak's POV -

I can't believe it,  why would he do this? He talks about being honest,  look who's being dishonest now! 

I wrap my arms tighter,  as I've stopped crying at this point,  I loosen my arms and look up at him.

I see his eyes filled with guilt and regret. Why though,  why?

"Tell me. " I mutter,  staring at him with a cold glance.

I see him close his eyes for a moment.

"You.. You wouldn't understand. " He says after a long pause

"Tell me please,  I don't care if I won't understand I just want to know why.  " I plead,  my eyes loosing the cold sharp glare as they turn soft.

"How about I tell you after some food,  alright? " Darryl smiles at me.  I nod without thinking.

He let's go as I do the same,  he walks over to the kitchen to prepare something.

I walk away to sit down on the couch. I need to process what just happened. 

I need the truth,  and soon.  I don't want to keep up this game of tag for the truth,  yet I'm the one to blame aswell.

I see Darryl drop a box on the floor,  opening it slowly.

A small dog jumped out of the box,  yapping. I see Darryl relax more,  laughing as the dog jumped up on him and started to lick his face.

"Hey! " I hear Darryl giggle,  I can't help myself but smile.

I watch as Darryl gets up and opens a cupboard,  picking out a few ingredients. 

/TimeSkip\

I wake up to the smell of pie,  as I get up from the couch and walk to the kitchen I see Darryl baking a pie.

"Looks nice. " I compliment,  earning a little jump from Darryl as he hadn't noticed me.  He immediately stops humming aswell.

"Oh!  You're awake,  great!  The pie is almost done. " Darryl gives me a warm smile.

The dog comes rushing forward and into the kitchen.

"Oh, what's this little guys name? " I saw,  bending down to pet the dog.

"It's a girl,  and I haven't thought of a name yet. " Darryl inquires

"That's okay,  we can suggest some names. " I say,  smiling. Darryl nods.

"Okay,  ready?  One two.. "

"Three! "

"Lucy! "
"Rat! "

"We are not naming her Rat! " Darryl huffs,  crossing his arms.

"Finnneee,  but I'm calling her rat,  you can call her Lucy. " I snicker. 

"You are so mean sometimes. " Darryl huffs again,  unfolding his arms to bend down and give Rat a pat on the head.

"Anyway,  can we play Minecraft together? " I change the subject,  I see Darryl nod with a relieved look on his face.

"I'll set Minecraft up. " Darryl says to me.

- Vincent's POV -

I'm pacing back and forth,  I've really messed up big time. 

What should I do?  I could go back to Dave,  or I could try my luck with Zak.  No,  I have to prove myself for Zak. 

I'll stay with Dave,  and gather as much information as possible then try to stop him.

That's a solid plan.

I walk back into the direction of where me and Dave meet,  it's an abandoned house down the street near a playground. 

I open the old door slowly.

"You've finally arrived.  "

---------------------------------------

......

6K????  Are you serious??  Oh my god thank you all!  This is so amazing,  I just-

Also,  Here's a few things I wanna say.
I haven't given up on the book.

I do read your comments,  thank you for the supportive ones,  it means slot to me <333

And I'm getting my motivation back.

Thanks for sticking around,  I'll see you next chapter!  Hopefully.

-Harp