. 5 - Wake up.

- Zak's POV -

I felt my whole body ache. Everything was dark,  pretty terrifying if you ask me.  I thought I had just died.

I tried to open my eyes,  slowly but surely I flutter my eyes open,  I groan as the rays of the sun hit my eyes,  blinding me temporarily. 

I jolt up into a sitting position and bring my hands to block the sun from my eyes,  as I hear footsteps rushing towards me.  As my eyes adjust to the light,  I see that I'm in the infirmary.

Before I get to speak,  I feel hands on my chest that push me back down onto the fluffy mattress. 

"Don't get up! " A female voice says gently to me as I groan again,  I look around the room,  its quite empty. 

"You fainted,  you might still be light headed. " The female voice said to me,  I watched her as I nodded.

I hear another pair of footsteps rush into the room, as I get up to take a better look,  I see that it was Vincent. 

"Oh my god,  are you okay Zak? " Vincent rushes up to me,  worry in his eyes.

"Zak Carder,  you fainted from blood loss.  Do you remember losing alot of blood? " The female voice asks,  I stare at her for a bit before shaking my head.

She nods quietly and walks out of the room.

I get up into a sitting position,  letting my legs dangle from the bedside.  As I look at my friends worried expression.

"Are you okay?  Like,  seriously? " Vincent asked.  I nodded.

"Look,  I'm fine Vince.  I told you. " I croak,  my voice was still quite raspy.

Vincent sighs before nodding to me as he fiddles with his fingers.

The nurse comes back into the room.  "Alright,  you are free to go. " She smiles as she nods to me.  I nod back and jump off the bed.

I stumble a bit and feel Vincent's hands catch me,  he wrapped my arm around his shoulder to help me walk.

We walked out of the infirmary,  and down the hall.

"Are you sure you can get home by yourself? " Vincent asked.  With a concerned tone.

I simply nodded and gave him a weak smile.

I pushed the doors open and walked down the sidewalk to my house,  waving back at Vincent.

/Timeskip\

- Darryl's POV -

I sigh,  quite lonely.  Ever since Zak disappeared I've been debating going to his house. I'm so worried,  what even happened to him?

I look over to my phone,  and frown.  I've been messaging him non stop for so long,  and he hasn't replied to my messages. 

I stared at my phone and it suddenly started to vibrate,  my eyes widened as I rushed to pick up my phone. 

I unlocked it to see that Zak has messaged me back finally.

Me> Hey Zak!

Me> Zak? 

Me> Hello?

Me> Please answer.  I'm getting worried.

Me> Zak please.

yeh hi i whs at infirmry<Zakky

My heart skipped a beat.

Me> Why?  What happened! 

I waited for a response.  I knew it,  something bad would have happened. And it did. 

uh jus sprained antle<Zakky

I looked at the screen and sighed,  at least he didn't get into some freak accident.  Though something tells me he is lying.  I shake off the feeling and we start talking for ages. 

- Zak's POV -

I watch the window on my side,  feeling the wind rush on my face as I opened the window a little.

I've started to basically vomit these petals.  They come with blood.  It's always because of Darryl.

I sigh as I look outside.  Tomorrow is going to be interesting. 

/Timeskip\

I wake up,  feeling refreshed. I jolt up and realized I haven't set my alarm,  I quickly grab my phone and unlock it,  I was late.

I quickly grab a hoodie and throw it on,  and grab my backpack,  I dash out of my home. 

I run down the sidewalk,  as I come in sight of the school.  I quickly push open the doors and dash through the halls.

I reach my locker,  catching my breath as I shove my backpack into the locker. I hear footsteps approach me.

I turn to see Darryl walking towards me.  My heart starts to race.  So does the petals in my throat,  I give Darryl a weak smile as he approaches. 

"Hey Zak!  You okay muffin?  " He asks,  sympathy showing in his eyes. 

I nod to Darryl.  He clearly doesn't believe me.  "I've got to use restroom.. I'll be right back. " I rush to the bathroom,  feeling the petals rise in my throat.

I close the restroom door after me,  I faintly hear footsteps come closer.  I couldn't hold it in anymore,  I shoved my hands over my mouth as blood streamed from my mouth, it burned.  It hurt.  I coughed loudly as I removed my hands from my mouth as blood poured from my mouth,  followed by petals.

I coughed the last petal and grabbed the wall,  hauling myself up,  I went up to the sink mirror.

There was blood dripping from my chin.  I was so pale,  bags under my eyes. I look to the ground.  It was a total mess. I sighed and washed my face and hands.  I walked to the door and opened it.  Everything ached as I walked towards Darryl.

His eyes widened as they laid on me as he rushed towards me,  he looked at me for a moment before taking my hands into his as he watched me.

"Are you okay?  You can have the day off if you need it. " Darryl told me. Worry flooding in his eyes.  Before I could respond,  everything went dark.  I could feel Darryl's hands grab me before I fell,  then everything went numb and dark.

- Darryl's POV -

I catch Zak faint,  I hold him in my arms with wide eyes.  I yell for someone to help me.  Somebody rushes up to us and picks Zak up bridal style and carries him to the infirmary,  I rush in after them.

He fainted,  why?  Did he faint yesterday aswell?  Did he lie?  So the feeling was true. 

Why did he lie.

----------------------------------

Hiya chapter done,  tryna pump out chapters every day!  Thank you guys for almost 100 reads!  <3

-Harp