Chapter Eleven: Can't Let You Go (Bonus Ending)

quick a/n:
deadass had to write a different ending because this fanfic deserves it. anyway, now you may hate this chapter because of what will be written in it, but personally, ion mind, that's your opinion. but if you end up loving it, then aight that's good lmfao.
this is a fanfiction anyway, so this chapter won't be accurate at ALL hehe. anyways, enjoy!!!
P.S, (S/N) means "son's name".

"I'm free to do whatever I want."

"This is my choice."

"I want you to join me."

His voice was monotone, but his eyes spoke the meaning. Eren took a step closer to her and grabbed her hands, gently rubbing the back of them with his thumbs. (Y/N) took a quick glance out the window to see the peaceful scenery. Everybody would be stripped of their happiness and be put into a pit of depression in a matter of hours. No matter the choice she chooses, he wasn't going to stop himself from continuing on with the Rumbling plan. So if you can't stop him, negotiate with him.
(Y/N) looked back at him and furrowed her eyebrows. She stayed silent for a few seconds before moving her hands away from him and holding them up to her heart,
"Eren, I understand why you want to do this." She said, "But...Think about Paradis, please."
She felt tears in her eyes,
"Destroy the enemies. Destroy Marley. Destroy whoever and whatever made you feel like you were trapped." She started.
She moved her hands down to her side,
"But don't kill innocents..." Said (Y/N), "I'm begging of you to not destroy the only allies Paradis has. Please avoid as much damage as possible! Please..."
She reached her arms out and gripped onto Eren's shirt with her shaky hands, looking into his eyes,
"I will do anything if you just agree to that!" She said, "I'll join the Yeagerists and do whatever you want! Just, please..."

The sudden silence felt like a bomb ticking as she awaited for his answer. (Y/N)'s grip became tighter on his shirt, becoming more anxious as each second passed by. He had shut his eyes momentarily, but he opened them just now to peer down at her. Eren let out a small sigh before gripping her wrists,
"Anything?" He asked softly.
She quickly nodded her head,
"Y-Yes!" She exclaimed, "Anything, I swear!"
He kept his eyes locked onto hers as he slowly grabbed her hands and bent down on one knee in front of her. (Y/N) shifted her weight from one foot to another to continue standing in a comfortable position, still staring into his eyes. Eren moved his gaze away to look at her hands, letting go of the right one to only hold the left hand. She watched with confusion as he kissed the back of it and hold it gently right after,
"Marry me." He said, looking back up at her.
Her eyes widened widely as she gasped, bringing her right hand up to her mouth to cup it. (Y/N) bit her lip harshly, narrowing her teary eyes at him to stop herself from crying,
"M-Marry you...?" She asked with a shake in her voice.
Eren nodded,
"I love you." He said, "I want us to spend the rest of our lives together after the rumbling succeeds. That is...Unless you agree."

He looked down as he reached his other hand into his back pocket, taking out an engagement ring. (Y/N) started shaking her head as she felt tears rolling down her cheeks,
"W-Where did y-you g-get that?" She asked, moving her right hand down to her side.
"I bought it in Marley." Eren said, looking back up at her, "I've been wanting to marry you for a long time..."
He held it close to her ring finger,
"If you marry me, I'll agree to your conditions." He said, "But if you don't, then I will continue with my original plan. You have the freedom of choice, (Y/N). This is your decision."
She stood there, too shocked to even move or say anything. There were two choices; save the people and sacrifice yourself, or sacrifice the people to save yourself. The word "sacrifice" in the first phrase is directly referring to marriage. To live as a housewife and bear children for your husband. It seemed to be a perfect life for many women, but to her, marrying someone who wants to destroy the world isn't exactly perfect. But, she loved him. She truly loved him, but he has caused her too much harm. (Y/N) frustratingly glanced out the window once again to see the peaceful lives of thousands of people. She looked back at Eren and slightly opened up her mouth.