Chapter Seven: Out Here On My Own

quick a/n:
finally know my updating schedule lmao. i will be posting every 10 days now. chapter 6 came out on october 6th and this chapter came out on october 16th. but i forgot to upload it lmaooo so it came out on the 17th.
whatever, at least youll know when ill be updating whdisbs. chapter 8 comes out on October 26th!!!

Odium.

One word to describe the feeling that the young woman was in right now would be odium. For her to be used, tricked and betrayed, all to be apart of some sick plan was...Depressing. (Y/N) stood there staring at the ground, eyes wide as she turned her hands into fists. Yesterday night was all a lie. She bit her lip harshly, nearly drawing blood.
Hange shifted their weight from one foot to another as they crossed their arms over their chest,
"We know what their plan is." They said, "But where is Eren anyway? Where did he go yesterday night? The headquarters were heavily guarded..."
Everybody muttered a few ideas as to where he might've been, or replied in confusion. (Y/N) let out a deep sigh before taking a step forward,
"He was with me." She said, "Last night, after he broke out..."
Multiple gasps and whispers started going around the room. Commander Pyxis turned his head towards her and raised an eyebrow,
"And you're telling us this now?" He asked.
"The question wasn't brought up and I didn't even realize how relevant it was until now." She said.

Hange turned their head to face her,
"Why was he with you?" They asked.
Her cheeks turned a deep red,
"W-Well..." Said (Y/N), "I hadn't visited Eren once ever since we came back from Marley. So when he broke out, I...No, we...We really missed and needed each other, so he somehow found me."
Pyxis hummed,
"Then what happened?" He asked.
She stayed silent, becoming flustered with his question. He let out a low groan,
"Well?" He asked.
"...I-It got intimate..." She said, "Though, he left me in the middle of the night. I don't know where he's at now."
(Y/N) took a glance at everybody in the room before continuing her sentence,
"But Zeke did tell me something yesterday to say to Eren." She said, "I forgot to tell him, but he said 'tomorrow'. So today...Something is going to happen and it's going to be bad."
Pyxis turned towards everybody else in the room,
"You heard her." He said, "Strengthen our soldiers and prepare for an attack. Who knows what the Yeagerists are up to right now."
Everybody saluted him and that was the end of the meeting. The soldiers started to leave the room, and eventually, the building.

(Y/N), Hange, Onyankopon, Mikasa, Armin, Connie and Jean all left through one of the back entrances, walking down the garden path to get to their horses. The bickering between Mikasa and Connie on the way there was starting to get louder and louder,
"So whose side are you on, Mikasa?" Argued Connie, "The yeagerist's or ours?"
"I've already told you the answer, do I need to repeat it for you?" She asked.
(Y/N) let out an annoyed sigh,
"Stop it." She said, "This won't get us nowhere and we're already suspicious as is."
"Oh? And what about you, (Y/N)?" Connie asked.
They all stopped walking as he asked her that question. She clenched her hand into a fist and turned towards him, glaring at his angry face,
"Me? A yeagerist?" She exclaimed angrily, "Eren betrayed us and fooled me! My father is in great danger because of him. And you want to accuse me of being a yeagerist?! Go suck a caterpillar's dick!"
She raised the middle finger to him,
"H-Hey, (Y/N)." Said Hange, "Calm down."
She ignored them before turning around and walking away towards the horses. Trying to contain her anger, she quickly saddled her horse before getting on it, the others quickly following.

Although she seemed calm on the outside, (Y/N) was still boiling with anger on the inside. Connie was ticking everybody off and she wasn't going to have any of it. Too much is already happening at once. Hange got onto their horse and turned their head to face everybody,
"Our first lead are the restaurants." They said, "Suspicious Marleyans will work in these lines. Niccolo will be the first we visit."
Everybody agreed on their decision, and soon rode off towards the direction of the city. The restaurant was in a popular area and not hard to spot. It's a big fancy building in the center, with big pillars and countless of carriages riding through the entrance as rich people entered. The group rode off towards one of the back entrances of the restaurant to keep their horses away from the busy streets.
(Y/N) was one of the first people to enter the building with Jean by her side. They both eyed the decor and fancy staircase, only to soon be greeted by a waiter,
"Welcome." He said, "Would you like a table?"
Hange took a few steps forward and raised their hand,
"Actually." They said, "We're here to talk to Niccolo."
The waiter nervously laughed,
"R-Right away, c-commander!" He said before walking away.