Picky

Chapter Twelve

Garrett walked across the fortieth floor, more than a dozen files in his arms, he managed to push into Terry's office and place the stack on her desk. She jumped a bit startled by the loud thud of the manila folders landing in front of her and with a small grin she placed her phone back on the receiver and gathered a few in her hands.

"Anything else you might need?" he asked. She looked at him to make sure it wasn't sarcasm reeking off his expression and was glad to see instead a genuine smile on him.

"Nope, I think this is everything," she replied.

"So what are we looking for?" he asked, taking a folder in his hand and shuffling through it.

"We need to look at these applications and seek out at least thirty models for the campaign; we are having a runway take place in Atlanta. Fin has requested that I personally pick each one. So after we are done choosing all thirty ladies we will need to call up our designers and have them start on the new material for the latest fashion." Terry replied.

"Okay, so where do we start?" He asked.

"This is going to take while, and I reassure you that I'll be here all night for this," she muttered.

"I don't mind." He retorted.

"Garrett, I don't want you to work your ass off for a company that's not even paying you to do this. So you are free to come and go as you please, feel free to call it quits whenever you want." Terry said.

"I don't mind it one bit Terry, and like I said, I don't have anywhere else to go." He replied.

"What about your family? Don't you visit them?"

"They live in Chicago, so, no I don't and neither do I want to at the moment, I still feel a bit embarrasses for being dumped. Reason is because they had told me so. My mom use to tell me to take it easy and really consider what I was doing, but I never listened. Now I know she was right."

"Okay, well sad memories aside for now, they tend to make you go crazy." She whispered. She let out a light chuckle and playfully smacked him on the arm with a folder as she stood and circled the desk to stand beside him.

"It's a good thing you are here, otherwise I'd have a very difficult time choosing the right girls." She sighed.

"Meaning because I'm a guy I can point out who's good and whose not?" he asked.

"Exactly, but please try not to be too judgmental, most of these girls are only nineteen and twenty one."

They gathered all the folders into their arms and placed them unto the large space of carpet floor she had. Spreading them all out, Terry quickly went into work mode looking over every girl's pictures and professional work.

"Do all of their pictures have to be half nude?" Garrett asked. His brows furrowed as he went through several pictures and placed them down rubbing his eyes.

"After a while of looking at so many they seemed to blend all together so try to see something other than half naked chick's and look at their potential, their poses, the pout of their lips the intensity in their eyes. See if they are selling what they hope to accomplish."

"And what do most of these girls hope to accomplish?" he asked.

"Success and to be hired by the best." She replied.

Garrett chuckled and simply grabbed another folder slipping the photographs into his hands and flipped through them. Terry eyed him from the corner of her eye when he shook his head slightly or furrowed his brow every now and then. She smiled just barely glad to see his mind caught in something other than how tragic his relationship had ended in. Kathy had really shattered the poor guy but Terry hoped deep down that he would gather his wits and finally make something of himself.