The Encounter

~Chapter Ten~

            The sun broke through the window seeping into the room like a silent invader as it came to touch the tip of Terry's toes.  For some odd reason the sensual heat that it provided made her flutter her eyes open and moan as she stretched.  Every bit of yesterday suddenly flooded in when her gaze met Garrett's.  His face was that of stone as he looked back at her, his crystal grey eyes hiding every bit of emotion.  But he seemed to almost glare or scorn at her as she saw it.  Embarrassed and stupefied she slowly unwrapped her arms from him and pushed off the bed.

            "I'm sorry, I should have left last night." She mumbled.

            No reply.

            Terry searched the floor for her black heels and quickly put them on as she reached for her coat on the ground as well.  With her heart down into her stomach and an irritating heart burn coming up her throat she hurried towards the door.  Her long thin fingers reached out to the brass door knob as she paused for only a moment.  Nothing came from him as she finally pulled the door open and closed it behind her.

            Was he angry?  She hurried down the stairs and finally made her way out the front door as the only sound heard were her heels clattering on the pavement.  Finally halting a taxi she jumped on fixed her hair and did her best to remove the smudged mascara from under her eyes.

            "Could you tell me the time?" she asked her taxi driver.

            "Sure doll, its five thirty a.m." he replied.

            Good at least she wasn't late for work and Fin wouldn't have to chew her ass for arriving late.  Tired and still loopy from sleep she rested her head back unto the fake leather interior of the taxi and sighed.  Last night a side of Garrett she hadn't expected to see came out.  She couldn't blame him, the liquor and drug had made him sort of open up to her.  He had wanted Terry to hold him, that's all he requested.

            Now that he was sane and not delusional like last night he seemed to crawl back into his shell and glare at her for lying next to him.  Maybe she should have listened to her conscious telling her to get out of there last night.  But seeing him so vulnerable had made her heart twist with pity to realize he was so lonely.  She understood that part of him. To lie in bed and not feel the comfort of your certain significant other next to you took its toll.

            Garrett was a man and therefore he had needs that only a woman could quench and she was certain that one woman was Kathy.  But now that ungrateful girl was no were to be found.          AWOL to be exact.

            What if I could bring them back together? She thought. 

            The taxi came to a stop after a good fifteen minute drive and dropped Terry off in front of her apartment.  A plan was hacking in her head as she hurried over to her door and pushed her way inside.  All she needed to do was find Kathy, talk to her and make her realize that with Garrett her world would never be complete.

            She paused for a moment in the center of her living room and searched her coat for her cellphone only to realize it wasn't there.

            "Damn it!" she growled.

*******

            The water beat down on her skin like lazy bullets and provided a sort of comfort as it rained down every inch of her body.  With her hair covered in soap and her body to follow Terry made sure to get every inch of her clean.  Today would be another long day at the office but with Fin bouncing around her all the time and cheering her on there was no other place she'd rather be.  Or else in truth the only place she'd rather be, because in all honesty there was nowhere else to go.  No one too meet for lunch nor plan a beautiful evening with as she saw it.