11| Thursdays and Threatens

Start from the beginning

"I meant James, Bucky is his middle name."

"Right," she nodded along, "he's the boy who's dating Tony?" If Tony heard he didn't comment on it.

"Yeah that's the one," Sam chuckled. He was really excited for that news to spread to James. The look on his face would be priceless. Well it would've been, except Steve had to correct.

"No, they're not dating. They're not even friends." Maddie had a confused face but still nodded slowly. She was pretty positive they at least had a bromance. Like a friends with benefits thing at the bare minimum. Maybe Steve just didn't know that?

"Didn't they fuck a few months ago at Casey's party?" That was the last straw for Tony. He slammed his locker shut and turned to face him.

"Can you not talk about me like I'm not right here," his voice was anything but pleasant. So much that it startled Maddie a little bit.

"Oh! I'm so sorry Tony I didn't see you there."

"Yeah, shocker."

"Hey Tony, Maddie was just asking a question she didn't mean any harm." Of course Mr. Suck-up would stick up for the pretty girl. He was such a golden boy.

"We didn't fuck a few months ago," Tony basically ignored what Steve said all together. Maddie was confused a bit and cocked her head to e side.

"But Casey said the next morning-."

"I don't care what Casey said. Rumors grow."

"Actually Stark I know for a fact that you two indeed did fuc-."

"Okay okay, lets just drop it," Steve interrupted Sam. Even though he was mostly sticking up for Tony all the stubborn guy did was roll his eyes. What a sweet thank you.

"Right... sorry again. Uhh I'll see you guys around," and with that Maddie walked off. Of course Stark has to scare her away.

Wilson pursed his lips during the awkward silence. He had to save himself from this before someone died. Or snapped, either or he was already in a bad enough mood.

"Okay, well I'll see you in class Steve," and with that Sam was gone. Leaving the two boys alone at their lockers.

The silence was still there. Tony opened his locker again as he only closed it before for dramatic effect. He was getting books and things out when Steve spoke up.

"Look I know I apologized on Friday but it seems to have gone over your head. Or on my head," Tony couldn't help but laugh slightly at that, "so I just want to say again that I'm sorry. And about what Bucky did on Monday."

"You're not Bucky so you don't need to say sorry. Plus, I already said I didn't do anything to your hair," he closed his locker and started walking away. He didn't expect Steve to jog up next to him but he did. They walked together down the hall.

"Right and I heard that the first few times. Doesn't mean I believe you."

"Even if I did do it - which I didn't - but if I did you should be thanking me. Suits you." Steve blushed a little bit and moved some hair off of his forehead.

He didn't hate the brown hair just preferred the blonde. Either way Steve wouldn't let Tony know that. His hair was already fading into a lighter color anyway, it looked better as the darker brown. They stayed silent for a while as they walked until they exited West Wing.

The breeze hit them in the face when Steve opens the doors for the both of them. It was only the end of September in Malibu so it was still hot and the small wind was refreshing. Tony was the first one to break the silence which was quit shocking. Normally the brunette would stay silent the whole time as if he didn't care enough about the conversation.