as if olivia could understand hannah's insult, it looked over at her, squinting her eyes in offense.

"oh well! I bet it's hermione or something. I'm gonna study now that I have all the notes", evelyn smiled as she got to work.

poor evelyn spent day and night studying and reading the notes every chance she got. sometimes she would forget to eat and pass out from studying.

"evelyn are you okay?? you have those dark eye bags again", hermione worried.

"yeah yeah!! I'm just burning the midnight oil you know, trying to finish all the assignments and studying for finals since they're in a couple of days", evelyn replied with a weak smile.

"but it's all thanks to the notes that you sent me that I've gotten the gist of most of—"

"wait wait wait, what? notes?? what notes?", hermione asked, confused.

"you know. the notes that you put in a black box and made olivia carry into my room", evelyn said.

"I'm sorry evelyn, but I didn't send you notes. I was petrified right after you so I wasn't there to take them. I had to borrow some from harry", hermione explained.

now evelyn's brain was majorly muddled. 'if it isn't hermione...then who was it?? the same thing with the chrysanthemum too...', evelyn thought, biting her lip.

"are you alright evelyn?", hermione asked again.

"h-huh? o-oh yeah yeah! I'm just thinking", evelyn replied as she looked down at her notebook.

she glanced over at malfoy, who was still sitting beside her in potions. his expression was bored; he looked as if he just wanted to drop dead and sleep, as he also had eye bags, but they were much lighter than evelyn's.

"malfoy?", evelyn hesitantly mumbled, making the boy flinch a bit.

"what?", he snarled, glaring at the girl beside him.

"were you the one that sent me the not—"

"no", malfoy sharply interrupted.

evelyn then nodded, as she didn't want to annoy malfoy any more than she already has. throughout the class, she would take glances at malfoy, who just kept on looking straight ahead, refusing to even look in the general direction of the girl.

after class had ended, evelyn packed up all her things, leaving the classroom.

malfoy packed his things up a bit slower this time so that he didn't have to walk alongside evelyn. however just as he was about to leave, he saw a note that was on evelyn's desk. hesitant to grab it, he couldn't help his curiosity as he snatched the small piece of paper off the girl's desk.

opening the note, he slung his back over his left shoulder as he walked out of snape's classroom.

'thank you for the notes. and I forgive you for what you said :)', malfoy read in his mind.

"tch. who ever said I was sorry?!", malfoy grumbled as he crumpled up the note.

"you're not?", a voice suddenly asked, making malfoy spin around.

"why're you—I thought you—"

"I was waiting for you. now let's go! professor lockhart—oh well—I guess he doesn't work here anymore", evelyn mumbled to herself.

"my point is, we should still hurry to class!!", evelyn said, giving out a tired smile. she then pulled on malfoy's wrist, guiding him to their next class.

malfoy looked down at her hand that was gripping onto his wrist. he had begrudgingly let it happen, as they were indeed about to be late for class.

"how about another bet?", evelyn suggested.

"another bet?", malfoy asked, raising his brow.

"let's see who scores better on the final exams!", evelyn said, just like last year.

"again, someone like you doesn't have much to offer", malfoy bluntly said, making evelyn frown.

the boy then sighed.

"but I suppose, if it means that I can prove that slytherins are smarter than hufflepuffs", malfoy continued, making evelyn slightly grin.

"if I win, let's become best friends!!", evelyn smiled widely, almost jumping up and down.

"but we're not even normal frien—", malfoy stopped as he suddenly watched the girl's mood deflate. "fine", he uttered.

"alright!! deal then!!"

the two second-years shook on it as they both entered their classroom. they both also got detention, as their substitute had counted them 3 minutes and 47 seconds late.

—✼—

"HAGRID!!!", evelyn shouted, running and jumping up into the air to hug the man.

"OH YEH ARE BACK!! I'm so glad you're okay! how'd yeh do on your exams?!", hagrid asked, hugging the girl back while patting her head.

"I did okay...not as well as last year, but I managed to excel in most of them because of my new best friend!!", evelyn excitedly told hagrid.

"new bes' friend?? is it hermione? or harry? it's definitely not ron...tha' boy struggles as much as I did back when I went ter hogwarts", hagrid mumbled.

evelyn just laughed. "no no. it's malfoy! draco malfoy", the girl happily smiled.

"malfoy?! I reckon yeh stay away from tha' boy evelyn! his father is up ter no good! sendin' me an' professor dumbledore ter azkaban!", hagrid complained.

"azkaban?? what in merlin's beard is azkaban?", evelyn questioned.

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐

└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘