Chapter 17- phone calls

I lunged across the sofa and kissed him, pressing my lips to his a jolt of electricity moved through us. Luke slipped his hands up and under my shirt, his long fingers traced my spine. His tongue slipped into my mouth and began tangling with mine. I pulled away from him just enough to be able to breath. I sat up, each of my legs on either side of his waist.

“You can’t tell anyone, you know that right?” I asked, a little concerned.

“Of course I won’t tell anyone, it’ll be our secret.” He said, he laced his fingers in with mine that were resting on his toned stomach. He still had the ring on.

“I love you,”

“I love you too, Ana.” I loved hearing that from him. He rose up and met my lips, kissing me again. I gripped the back of his neck pulling him in closer. We fell back on the couch, I snaked my hands under his shirt, lifting it up over his head. I gently lifted my knee, it came up and met his crotch. I felt the bulge harden slightly.

“Ana,” Luke whisper moaned my name. I kept in contact with him, our kissing became more intense and passionate. I broke the kiss and took off my tank top, falling back down to the sofa, Luke moved to my jawline kissing, biting, leaving small lovemarks along my neck.

“I don’t think we should do this Ana, my mum is on this bus.” Luke said pulling away from me. “okay,” I said. He lifted off of me, he reached across the floor and retrieved my tank top for me. I slipped it over my head and joined Luke in the corner of the sofa. He covered our laps with the small blanket, and I nuzzled under his arm and he turned what he was watching back on. We fell asleep there.

===Beth's POV===

I was tied up next to my brother, I could feel the warm sticky blood trickle down from my forehead and my nose. The zipties that bound my hands behind my back were turning my wrists raw and bloody. Looking over at Jonah I could tell that he was close to passing out. Higgins' men had knocked him out cold about three times in the last two hours. They'd just knocked out my mother, she was now helpless in the arms of his henchmen. They ziptied her wrists and set her down next to me. She had blood streaming down the side of her face from where the man hit her. It was like these people had no souls, like they had no conscious or could even remotely feel remorse for the things they were doing. We were innocent, my father didn't care about us. And he never would, I don't understand what makes Higgins think that he'll care if he tortures us.

I began to hear footsteps coming toward me. I looked up, my eyes burning from the tears I was trying to hold back. It was Higgins.

"Look at you," he said. "You’re scared. Aren't you?"

I was contemplating whether it was a rhetorical question. He reached for my chin, but I jerked away before he could touch me.

"Well someone's feeling feisty," he said "I want you to do something for me. Can you do something for me?"

He spoke to me as if I was a child.

"Well you don't really have a choice do you," he asked. And I shook my head. "Come on now. Stand up."

I stood and looked at my brother and mom. They looked miserable, but they were miserable. And there wasn’t a thing I could do about it.

“Come along” Higgins said as he began walking towards a door across the room. I followed him, I stared down at the heels of his Salvatore Ferragamo shoes.

“you have wonderful taste in footwear,” I said. I knew he wouldn’t spare anything he had planned for me just because I complimented his shoes.

“Thank you for noticing, my daughter picked these out for me.” He said. We walked down a long the hallway until we came to a door. Higgins opened the door for me and I walked through the door there was a table and two chairs. On top of the table there was phone, and a notepad with a pencil. He followed in behind me.

“Take a seat.” I sat down in one of the brown table chairs, he sat down across from me. “Here’s the deal, you’re going to call that number there,” He said tapping the notepad with his beefy pointer finger. “And you’re going to tell the person on the phone, what I’ve done. Make it sound as terrible and heartbreaking as possible. You can even throw in a few tears if you want.”

He then looked behind me and held up a large hand, he made a step forward motion and I heard footsteps approach my back. “And if you don’t,” The man behind  me loaded a gun and pressed the cold tip to my forehead. “You’ll wish you did.”

At this point I was beyond scared for my life, I was in survival mode. And whoever this number belonged to was sure to have some connection with my family. I picked up the small track phone and dialed the number.

it rang

and rang

and rang

and kept ringing until I heard a voicemail. The voice in the receiver was a male voice, it sounded somewhat familiar. At the beginning it was just a lot of laughing.

“Hahahaha! Stop!” He said. Then a girls voice came on.

“Give me back my phone! I just want to set up my voicemail!” She said.

The male voice sounded further away, like he was holding out of the girls reach. “Ana can’t come to the phone right now.”

My jaw dropped to the floor. It was Ana’s new phone number, I hadn’t taken the time to learn it by heart yet. But I know for sure that was Lukes voice, and Ana’s. The voice message beeped signaling the end of the greeting. I looked at Higgins. I didn’t know whether to leave a message or not.

“Leave a message telling her to call you back ASAP that your mother is sick or something” He said. So that’s what I did.

“Hi Ana!” I said in a semi-cheery voice. “I hope you and the boys are having fun on tour, tell Michael I said hello!” I did have a thing for Michael but at this point I didn’t think it was gonna work out. “Mom is sick, I want to give you all the details so call me back at this number ASAP! Love you bye!” I finished my message and flipped the phone shut ending the call.

“And when she calls back, you will do exactly what we talked about, understand?” He looked at me and raised his eyebrows.

“Understood.” I said in a small voice. We waited in the small room for Ana to call back. As I sat in my chair fighting back tears, I said a small prayer that Ana wouldn’t call, but I knew in the back of my mind that it was no use. There was no way Ana would just not call back, it just wasn’t like my sister. But maybe, just maybe, she won’t get the message. I prayed she wouldn’t get the message.

===============

only a few chapters away from the end now. Thanks for reading guys!!!! I just want you all to know that I love you so much! LOOK ALMOST 1,000 READS!!! OMG.