24. Under The Bridge

Começar do início

"Oh, do you know it?" She asked, surprised.

"Yes... Kurt told us you had a band and I went to the record store and bought your album, which I find it amusing. It's really good and it's pretty cool that more women are in the rock scene" I said with all honesty and she smiled, blushing a little.

I was interrupted by Alan, who asked for my attention and so I said goodbye to the blonde couple, by saying I will meet them later, and Nirvana left the backstage to take the stage.

"What is it?" I asked Alan as we went into our dressing room and I saw Keanu Reeves and River Phoenix already chatting with Tom and Zack. My heart stopped at seeing them there but I tried to act the most relax possible.

"Lily

"Lily... this is Keanu and River" Alan said as I just stood there trying to say something.

"Hey... nice to meet you" I finally said trying to sound relax, as I shook hands with them but the wide smile of Keanu and the pretty eyes of River weren't going to make it easy for me.

"Miss Lily Waldorf, is such an honour to meet you" Keanu said, looking at me like if I was some kind of lost treasure.

"We really like your music, and we admire you a lot" River said this time.

"Thank you very much, that's very kind of you" I said, heavily blush.

Next thing I knew, River was happily chatting with the rest of the band, leaving me and Keanu alone; I must confess he was my number one celebrity crush and to have him so near me and knowing he liked my work was like dying. We chat just a little bit more until we were called to the stage as we were after Nirvana.

The performance was excellent, as well as the energy of all the people who attended the concert, sometimes I would look at one side of the stage only to see River and Keanu singing our songs, dancing and cheering us up along with Eddie, as I just tried to focus on my task. For that occasion, I decided to wore my each time more usual flowing dresses that this time was black and had some transparencies, as well as I performed barefoot.

When our participation finished, I wished everybody a Happy New Year and we left the stage in the middle of cheers, claps and screams of the people

When our participation finished, I wished everybody a Happy New Year and we left the stage in the middle of cheers, claps and screams of the people. Pearl Jam was the next band and I went to the backstage with the rest of my band and RHCP. Then, Keanu appeared again to congratulated us for our performance.

"Uhhmmm... Lily?" Keanu asked, lowering his voice a little and I understood he probably was going to ask something private so I went to the table for a beer and he followed me.

"Yes?"

"Would you like to go to dinner with me? I mean, it's New Year's Day and I brought my motorcycle and an extra helmet" He said, with that damned charm smile.

Suddenly I just got lost analysing his messy hair and beard but handsomeness and I couldn't stop to ask me in silence Why life puts me these kind of tests?  Of course I wanted to accept dinner with him and hold him tightly while we ride his motorcycle, I mean he was Keanu Reeves! And we had a good chemistry back in the dressing room, and I could notice he really wanted to share a moment with me.

But I was brought to reality when I heard Eddie in the background singing Oceans... the song he wrote for me and that I loved so much... So, I had to cut my daydream and so I did, because I knew that if Eddie was in my situation, he would've ignored the most famous model on earth.

"I really would like to but... I can't. I already have plans with my boyfriend" I said, speaking with all the honesty as I saw his disappointment written all over his face.

"Well, maybe one of these days" He said, smiling.

"Anytime" I answered and he smiled back at me.

I felt terrible for rejecting dinner with Keanu, but I couldn't do that to Eddie; later, Pearl Jam ended their performance and went to backstage, where they cooled down and later they left for the dressing room but I stayed in the backstage talking with Courtney about the women in the music scene and other feminist things. She was really nice and fun to talk with.

Eddie bumped into Kurt in the hall, and he decided to have a word with him.

"Hey..." Eddie greeted.

"Hi" Kurt Answered.

"I need to talk to you about something"

"Yes?" Kurt answered nonchalantly.

"Look, I know you're Lily's ex and I know you two are working on being friends, at least for her it's like that and it's genuine... with you I'm not so sure but I really don't care too much either. I just want you to clarify I won't let you hurt Lily a second time, because I know what you did to her the first time. I won't tolerate any of that shit or similar again"

"That's it?" Kurt asked.

"And don't create romantic expectations with her"

"You don't have to worry; I won't take her away from you and definitely won't hurt her again. Can I return now to Courtney, my girlfriend?" Kurt said and Eddie just continued walking to the dressing room.

The tension between Kurt and Eddie would remain for a little bit longer, but I would know about this much later. After the performance of RHCP, we all went to the hotel where we were staying and celebrated New Year at the fancy party of the place.

Again, a new beginning, though with some things from the past, but luckily everything would turn out perfectly... or at least that's what I thought in my hopes of New Year's Eve while in the arms of Eddie.