Chapter 22

Songs I recommend for this chapter are Be My Baby by The Ronettes and Mine by Glee Cast. I know I already recommended the song Mine but this one is a different version and I like it better:)

***

Ding dong. My thoughts: DEAN!

It did take a little convincing my dad to let him come over but he gave in. I mean there are cameras everywhere. I look in the mirror one last time and still see the same messy bunned girl. I look down to see Dean's hoodie, my favorite leggings, and my favorite fuzzy socks. Wow, this is what happens when you leave me home alone. I open the door to see a smiling Dean. "I brought snacks, pizza, soda, and juice." He says to me. I jump in his arms and kiss his cheek.

Once I let go of him I lead him into the house. "I told you that you didn't need to bring anything except yourself."

"Did you really think I was going to listen?"

"Nope." I lead him into the new kitchen.

"Wow this is beautiful." He says.

"Yeah, and it was nice because we found this place on short notice. I'm starting to get used-"

He cuts me off, "I wasn't talking about the house." I feel my cheeks turn rosy red.

"Y-you weren't?" I stutter.

"No." He puts his hands on my hips and lifts me onto the counter. He's smiling so wide. I'm pretty sure his smile is one of the first things that I noticed about him. He leans in to kiss me and I let him. I forget about the cameras. I pull away.

"Cameras." I manage to say.

"I'm just kissing you." I nod. Now I go in for the kiss. I like teasing him, I kiss his lips lightly then roughly. I know he just wants rough, but I feel like when you slowly kiss someone it's like saying they're the only thing in the world at that moment. Slow is so much more meaningful. Rough, is because you need the other person. If you don't have them, then, well then, I don't know. I wrap my legs around him and he walks us over to the couch. He drops me and puts his body on top of mine. He kisses rougher and rougher, I let him, and I kiss him just as rough. He pulls away out of breath. We're both breathing hard, like we ran a marathon. He pushes my loose hairs out of my face. "Emily." I nod. "Cameras." I make a pouty face.

"Fine. Then are you ready to watch the movie?"

"What movie did you choose?" He asks me as he adjusts himself so he's sitting in the corner of the couch. He gestures for me to come over. I go over and rest my head on his shoulder.

He said he didn't care what movie so I chose my favorite movie. "The Fault in Our Stars." I say as I turn the T.V. on.  You know how people say that if you watch the same horror movie over and over again you just don't get scared anymore, well this movie is different. Everytime I watch it I cry. The book makes me cry even more but the movie does its own damage.

"Okay, whatever you want," he says then kisses the top of my head. When I'm with Dean I forget about everything. He's just perfect like that.

The beginning of the movie starts and I quickly grab the popcorn and run back to the couch.

By the end of the movie I'm sobbing. "Why did John Green kill him?" I say through tears. I turn to look at Dean, his eyes are watery but he didn't fully cry like me. "Do I look like a mess?"

He shakes his head, "You look beautiful, Em. So beautiful, no amount of tears will ever change that, okay?" I have a feeling he isn't talking about the movie but I nod. I stand up because I have to pee. Two cokes and one iced coffee later. I walk to the bathroom and close the door behind me. I look in the mirror and I'm scared because of what I see. I have mascara all over my face and my hair looks like I just woke up. And don't even get me started on my puffy eyes. I quickly wipe the mascara from my face and use the restroom. When I get back to the living room I find a sleeping Dean. I smile. I walk over to the couch and lay down next to him, I rest my head on his chest and I feel him move his hand to my back. He yawns, then says, "Wanna know a secret?" He's half asleep; he won't even remember this in the morning.