"Fine. RICK-" I start to shout before Carl's hand slaps onto my mouth. 

"Shut up Y/N!"

I scream a mumbled 'Rick' into Carl's hand but it's too quiet now. 

"Okay, I'll let you go over the fence," he whispers. "Just don't make it obvious." He gets off of me and puts his hand out to help me get up. I accept it. "And don't slow me down," he adds. I roll my eyes at that last statement. 

I follow Carl back to the fence. He looks around once more and motions for me to go first. He grabs my waist and helps lift me up. "I got it," I say annoyed. 

After I'm about halfway up Carl tells me, "stop when you get to the top." I don't answer, but I obey. When Carl finally catches up with me he tells me how to get down without hurting myself or falling. I quickly follow him down the fence and jump the last bit to the ground, where I fall on my knees. 

"Dammit," I mutter. "Almost had it."

"You okay?" Carl asks me. 

"Fine," I say as I walk past him. I start making my way deeper into the woods towards a lake. 

"Where are you going Y/N?" Carl asks me. 

"Do I need to ask your permission to go to the damn lake, Carl?" I snap. He doesn't say anything so I continue. "I mean, really? I was the one who asked to go outside the fence with you. You think this is my first time outside of Alexandria?"

"I didn't say that, I just care about you and your safety," he says quietly.

"You don't care about me. You probably only let me over the wall so you can tell my dad later, huh?" I step closer to him. "That's your whole plan, isn't it? Act like you caught me and you were trying to bring me back so I am 'safe'?" 

"Actually," he hisses, "I wanted to bring you out here so we could talk alone. I wanted to talk to you without feeling like we have to keep up our enemy act."

"Oh, bullshit!" I yell as Carl takes a step towards me. "Carl I'm so sick of arguing with you all the time. I'm so sick of having to get revenge over and over again. I'm so done with all of this, okay? So I'll gladly go back to my house before you can accuse me of anything okay? Sometimes it would be nice to have a friend to talk to, but you clearly don't think so. You must hate your life so much that you have to take it out on someone. I've only done things to you because you started everything in the first place!" By now I was crying, but I honestly have no idea why. I think I was just overwhelmed and stressed and all of my feelings were coming out at once. Carl walks over to me and wraps me in a hug. I push him away, "No!" I yell at him. "Leave me alone! You don't have to! I'm a fuck up okay? I suck! You don't have to pretend anymore!"

"Y/N, what are you going on about? Where did all of this come from?" He questions looking worried. 

"I'm sorry," I cry, sitting down against a tree. 

"Hey," Carl whispers kneeling down to my level. I don't look at him, I just bury my face in my hands. "Hey, come here," he says softly, taking me again in his arms and resting his chin on my head. This time I don't pull away. 

"Carl I don't want to fight anymore. I'm so sick of having no one to talk to. I'm sorry I treated you horribly. I'm sorry."

"Don't say that. It's not your fault. It's mine. I just never knew how to handle my feelings towards you," Carl says. 

"You're feelings towards me? Hatred?" I ask looking up at him. 

"No, not hatred. Far from hatred; the opposite, really."

"What do you mean?" Carl wipes the remaining tears off of my cheek with his thumb. 

He kisses me lightly on the forehead. "I think you're beautiful," kiss, "and smart," kiss, "and funny," kiss, "and too damn clever." 

I laugh and bury my head in his chest as he plays with my hair. "No you don't, you're joking again, aren't you?"

He leans down and places his lips gently on mine. My stomach flips- I wasn't expecting this at all but I don't want to stop. I place my hand on his cheek as we continue until we hear a truck pulling up to the gate. We both stop suddenly and look in the direction of the noise. "They're back," he says. "But does that answer your question?" I smile in response. "Come on," he takes my hand and we stand up. 

Before we make it the fence again I hear my dad call out, "Y/N! The hell are you doing outside of the fence? You could have gotten killed!"

"I'm fine dad-" I yell to him before Carl cuts him off. 

"It was my fault, Daryl. I thought I'd take a walk real quick and Y/N found me, tried to get me back inside." 

"Yeah?" My dad yells back. "Then why were your lips all over my daughter's face?"

I look at Carl and his face got red. I'm sure mine was, too. "We'll come back in," Carl shouts. 

"That's your best bet," my dad says. 

We enter Alexandria through the gates this time and head back to the strip of houses. We walk past Carl's house to go to mine, but I stop. "What's wrong?" Carl asks, turning to me. 

"I really can't face my dad right now after what he saw. I won't hear the end of his teasing," I laugh. 

Carl laughs with me and says, "want to go to mine, then?"

"Yeah." I nod. "Then I can easily tell your dad," I say running off. Carl catches up to me and grabs me by the waist. 

"Nope, that's not happening."

"Yeah? What are you going to do about it? Leave me outside?"

"That could work. But this is what I had in mind," he tells me as he lifts me up. I wrap my legs around his waist. 

"Carl! Seriously?!" I laugh. "I can still tell him like this, you know."

"Depends on how fast I can make it up the stairs," he says. We burst into his house and I see Rick. 

"Rick! Wait, Rick!" I yell at him as Carl rushes me up the stairs and to his bedroom. Before Carl closes his door I can see Rick shake his head and sigh, rubbing his eyes as if he just woke up. 

"Too late," Carl teases, kissing my neck and placing me down on the bed. 

"Hey, my dad's gonna tease you for this after he tells me to come home so I can do my homework. I still have two weeks worth of it left."

"Well, you shouldn't have pushed me into that lake, huh?"

I roll my eyes. "Wish I could push you in again."

"Oh really?" Carl plops down next to me and wraps an arm around my waist. "Instead of worrying about that," he mutters, "can we just cuddle?"

I turn towards him and kiss his nose. "I would like that."

When I re-read this it came out cuter than I thought it would. I'm crying I still want me a Carl.