Or So I Thought

this chapter has been revised

I pulled up to end of James' driveway, and sat in my car for a minute. I know I was going to the extra mile to show up to his house uninvited, but I was starting to worried. For the past few days, I haven't heard from him, nor has he answered any of my texts. I know we had a little disagreement, but surely he couldn't be that upset with me, right?

I unbuckled my seatbelt and found the courage to finally go up to the front door, and knock to see him face to face. Despite if he was mad at me or not.

I knocked once, but there was no answer. Just as I was about to knock twice, I was interrupted by a loud in the garage.

"God dammit!" I hear them shout.

I walked off the front porch, and peeped into the garage from afar. I could see a frustrated Dave, running his hands through his hair while doing work on his bike.

I walk over there, and I see a toolbox knocked over where Dave was at, which tools scattered everywhere. He must've kicked it out irritation. Dave  was kneeling down on his knees, inspecting his bike.

"Everything okay?" I intrude.

Dave looks up at me, and then quickly stands up. "Oh shit." He loses his balance a little when he accidentally steps on a wrench and a screwdriver.

"Sorry." I giggle. "I didn't mean to scare you." I walk over to the tools and help him pick them up one by one.

I hand them over to him, and he sets the box on a nearby table. "You just caught me by surprise, that's all."

"Same thing." I smile, playfully rolling my eyes.

He lets out a chuckle, and kneels back down to his bike. "James isn't here, by the way."

I cross my arms and purse my lips. "Mmm. I think he's avoiding me."

Still looking at his bike, he runs his fingers over a scratch that had scuffed the side. "Why would he be avoiding you?"

Oh, just because he wouldn't believe me when I told him Adrienne was extremely hostile towards you even though you specifically told me not to tell anyone.

I decided to keep to myself. I shrug instead. "I don't know."

He stands up, and grabs his bike by the handlebars and walks it out to the driveway. "That's weird being that he's like, obsessed with you."

He grabs two buckets back from the garage and fills one up with soap and water. He trudges them back over to the bike, and flips one upside down.

"Here, you can sit on this." He sets it near him.

I softly smile at the small, kind gesture. Did Dave actually want my company this time?

I sit on top of the bucket and watched as he began to wash his motorcycle. He took the sponge back and fourth to it so vigorously, that the veins in his arms and hands began to peek through, and I couldn't help but watch him for a good minute. His natural tan looked so golden under the sunlight, and the way his eyebrows furrowed while concentrated on cleaning his bike was so- hot?

I mentally wiped the drool from my lips after checking out James' younger brother looked at the sky instead. What has gotten into me?

"How often do you clean your bike?" I ask trying to make small talk.

"At lease once a week. I want this baby to shine as much as possible." He smirks. "Why? Interested in getting one yourself?"

I smile and shrug. "Maybe I am." I joke with him.