Who Are You?

this chapter has been revised

"The only real, major damage that done in this accident was to his motorcycle. It's totaled. We assume that Dave jumped off the bike before it lost complete control, and crashed into the woods. His head's compaction with the road is what gave him the mild concussion. He's going to okay though. He should wake up any time soon."

James listened carefully as the doctor explained Dave's condition, as we all stood in the hospital's waiting room.

"So no fractured nor broken bones? No stitches needed? Anything like that?" James asked her.

"He has a few bruises of course, and he will be sore tomorrow and probably the next few days. We'll give him prescribe some ibuprofen for that. There is a cut right above his eyebrow, but  luckily it's not deep enough for stitches. He should be good to go tonight."

James let out a sigh of relief. "Thank you. Are we able to see him now?"

"Follow me." She smiled. She lead us into the hallway where all the hospital rooms were located.

We walked into the room, and Dave was sleeping in the bed peacefully. The doctor wasn't lying about him bruises; he had a perfect, black-purple one placed on the side of his face, right beside the cut near his eye, which had a band-aid placed over it.

"Man," James sighed, as he slipped his hands into his pocktes. "This is the most quiet he's been in a long time." He chuckled, trying to bring some light into the situation.

I gave him a look.

"Too soon?" He made a face.

I sat in the chair that was placed in the corner of the room. I let out a huge yawn, and rubbed my eyes to try to keep myself awake. It was already two in the morning, and I was exhausted.

James walked over to the other chair across from me, and sat with his elbows on his knees. His legs were shaking anxiously. He intertwined his fingers together and placed them under his chin, and continued to look at Dave. "I wonder how all of this happened. I told him that damn motorcycle was a death wish. I really hope he wasn't drinking and driving."

I yawned again, stretching my arms to the ceiling. "I doubt it; the doctors would've said something. It could've been a pot hole or anything really."

"Hey, thanks for coming here with me. My parents are out town and all, so I really didn't want to face this alone." He spoke quietly.

I pressed my lips into a smile, and nodded. "What friends are for." I replied. I yawned once again, and leaned my head back against the wall.

"I'm going to get some coffee from the waiting room, do you want some?" James asked standing up from his chair.

"Yes, please." I groaned. "With lots of cream and sugar."

He chuckled and nodded, then left the room to get the beverages for us.

Not going to lie, I felt slightly uncomfortable being alone in the room with Dave since I barely knew him. My first impression of him wasn't the greatest either, being that the first time I saw him, he was screaming at his brother and calling all of us idiots and what not.

I assumed James planned to be here until his brother woke up, so I closed my eyes shut and waited for my coffee.

"Um, who are you?"

I quickly opened my eyes back open to see that Dave had all of sudden woken up.

I stood up from my chair. "Oh um, I'm Brooke. I'll go tell James you're awake." I say, heading for the door.