Dave

this chapter has been revised

Earlier today, James had texted me saying that he was having another get together with the guys, and that the his front door would be open if I wanted to stop by before work. 

"Hey, guys." I greeted them, coming down the basement's stairs.

"Hey, you made it." James grinned. Him and Collin were at the pool table playing a game, while Ryan and Jedy were sitting on the couch rolling a couple of joints, which had reminded me why I had came over in the first place.

"Oh yeah, I have Dave's gram that he so desperately needed from all of us, by the way." I scoffed, shaking my head. I took the gram that was in a small, plastic bag out of the pocket of my jacket.

"Brooke, I told you not to worry about it." James shook his head in disapproval. He picked up a beer bottle that had been set aside, and took a swig from it. "Just keep it for yourself."

"Yeah, I know but- I guess I just kind of feel bad about the whole thing." I shrugged, fidgeting with the tiny bag in my hand. "Consider it a substitute for some 'get well soon' flowers."

Collin was the only one who found the joke funny, and laughed quietly. "Dave's upstairs in his room." He informed me, as he positioned himself as he aimed the pool cue stick to a certain ball on the table.

"You can go upstairs and hand it to him now, or just leave it on table and I'll hand it to him after this game." James said, watching carefully as Collin made his shot.

"I'll hand it to him myself, I'm not doing anything anyway." I shrug, making my back up the stairs.

"Just try not to get killed up there." Ryan snickered.

James stood up straight and gave Ryan a look. I could tell he was getting defensive, since that was his little brother he was talking about.

"No more jokes, alright?" He said.

Ryan nodded and understood. "Sorry, man."

I walked up the basement stairs, through the kitchen, through the living room, and up the main staircase to get to Dave's room. I was nearly out of breath by the time I got up there.

I could faintly hear music coming from his room and through the walls, a song by Thirty Seconds to Mars to be exact. Rock would be his preferred genre of music. So loud, and angry.

I knocked just hard enough so he could hear it over the music playing.

He turned the volume down a bit. "What do you want?" He called out.

"Uh, it's me, Brooke." I say.

It was silent for a second. He then unlocked his door, and opened it with him standing in the doorway.

He eyed me up and down, with an uninviting look on his face, although that was his facial expression all the time. He turned back around and headed to his desk, and sat down behind it.

I assumed he left the door open for me to walk in behind him. I saw on his desk was a brand new stash, probably what the rest of the guys had gave him to replace the one we had stolen.

He cleared his throat. "So, do you have something for me?"

I tossed the ziplock bag onto his desk. He instantly opened it, and added it to the rest of his stash.

"So, you and my brother?" He asked without looking up. He pulled out some rolling papers out of his desk drawer.

"Yeah? What about us?" I waited for him to finish the question.