James's Place

this chapter has been revised

"C'mon, Brooke! We don't have all day!" James yelled out his car window, as he honked his horn.

I was standing on my porch, struggling to lace my boots up. I flipped him off and I heard his faint laugh from afar.

"If you're not in this car in five minutes, that means I get to bang!" Ryan, our mutual friend, hollered out from the back seat window.

"HA!" I cackled as I locked the front door to my home. "In your dreams, Ry."

I twisted the door knob to make sure it was locked and secure, and then headed my way to the car. I sat in the front seat, because three other guys were in the back, and I'd be damned if I had to be squished against their sweaty, musky, male bodies throughout out the whole ride.

"Did you grab your lighter?" James asked.

I giggled, and reached down into my bag for it, so I could hand it to him. "What stoner doesn't have their own lighter?"

"Listen," He chuckled. "I have one, it's just out of fluid now."

"Yeah right, James. You always have some kind of excuse." Collin, another friend said.

The third guy who was also tagging along with us was Jedy, but he was really quiet. He never really spoke much, and kept to himself.

I looked over my shoulder and eyed all of them. "And what's your guys' excuse? Left it at home? Someone stole it? Don't have the money for it?" I teased.

They looked at eachother quietly, not knowing what to use as a comeback.

"That's what I thought." I smirked, as I turned back around.

James looked at me and smiled. He secretly enjoyed when I made fun of the other guys. I think it had something to do with him feeling better about himself.

I've never been to James' house, but I knew he lived a lot nicer than the rest of us. But then again, James was twenty-four years old, still living with his parents. I didn't criticize him still living with them though. If I grew up in a nice neighborhood and a fancy-shmancy home,rent free, I wouldn't want to leave either.

"Alright assholes, let's go smoke spark up." James said, as he parked into his driveway. He took his keys out of the ignition, and stepped out of the car.

Before I could open the passenger door myself, James had jogged around the car to open it for me.

"Wow, what a gentlemen." I smiled, stepping out of the car.

He shrugged and smirked. "What can I say? Parents taught me well."

As we all entered the his home, I immediately was in awe with the interior. The foyer itself was decorated so nicely, with a coat hanger and a zen fountain. As we made our way into the living room, the first thing I noticed was a tall ceiling with a golden chandelier hanging from the center of it. It was complimented with cream-colored walls that went well with the light, beige furniture they had. The accent chairs and pillows gave the room a pop of color. They even had a vintage, ornate fireplace, which a huge flat TV screen hanging above it, giving it a modern touch.

I whistled, as I looked around. "This is beautiful, James. It's like straight out of a magazine."

"It's alright, I guess." James shrugged, as he threw his car keys onto the living room's coffee table. "Guys, go ahead and go down into the basement. Brooke, come upstairs with me real quick."

The guys started to wriggle their eyebrows and made dirty jokes like a couple of teenagers.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes, ignoring them. "What do you need?" I asked James.