3. RULE OF NINES

October 4th, 2016
Munich, Germany

"OH MY GOD! CHRIS!" Leah screamed as she barged into the tattoo studio. "Hey, Gisela!" She stopped in her tracks to greet the receptionist.

"Hi!" The girl offered a bright, toothy grin while leaning her elbows on the front desk. She was always so lively.

"How's it going?" Leah asked, glancing at the papers scattered over the table.

"Studying... I have a classic literature exam next week and I'm not prepared," she grumbled, making Leah chuckle.

"I'm sure you'll do great." She smiled. "Where's the dimwit?"

"He's working on some designs for a new client."

"Nice! I'll go annoy him for a little bit." Leah mischievously grinned as she walked away. "Have fun with that!"

"Yeah, thanks." The girl sighed.

Striding down the corridor that led to the back of the shop, Leah couldn't control her excitement. Right after Søren had left the apartment, she changed her clothes, put on some light makeup to hide the dark circles under her eyes, and ran out of the house. Okay, she might have jumped and squealed a little and then did all that.

It wasn't the first time they had met a member of a famous band. Buried Alive had been the opening act for some, but they had never seen them walking around their apartment.

"Chris!" Leah shouted as she bounded into his office.

"Fuck! You scared the shit out of me!" he hissed, turning in his rolling chair, removing his earphones.

"Sorry! It's... Ah! You're not gonna believe this!"

"What?"

"You know who came to our house today?" She leaned forward, their foreheads almost touching.

"Your client?" he sarcastically noted. But she just smiled at him, not giving a fuck about his grumpy mood. "C'mon, Leah! I'm working and this is going to take forever—"

"First of all, it's lunchtime, so we should go somewhere to eat. And second, you're a party pooper." She scowled at him and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Whatever..." He rolled his eyes. "Are you going to tell me or not?"

"Søren Wolff." She couldn't hold the grin back as she pronounced his name.

Chris gaped like a fish, blinking fast. Leah could almost hear the wheels in his brain turning, trying to process.

"Søren Fucking Wolff from fucking Dark Omen?" he asked, high-pitched. "Are you fucking kidding me?"

"Nope." Leah smiled, her heart still beating fast.

"I-I... Jesus!" He ran a hand through his hair. "How is he? I mean, is he as impressive as he looks?"

"I almost fainted when I saw him standing at the door. Like, I know we've seen him live and on TV and so on, but he was wearing his hair in a samurai bun and a black sweater with some blue jeans, and his voice is so... Oh, God! Fuck me!" she babbled, barely breathing. "He's im-po-sing!" She sighed. "And when he tried the guitar—"

"Wait. Did he play the guitar? Like in front of you?"

"Yeah." She beamed, nodding.

"Fuck me! I should have called in sick today!" Chris leaned back in his chair.

Leah laughed. "I almost had an orgasm watching him play in our living room."

"You could have asked him."