Leave This Town- Prologue

So, here's my other story. For those of you who like Daurghty, this was inspired by his newer CD, Leave this Town. I admire Chris a lot, so I hope you enjoy this story, and I do know where the story is going; however, I will take input on anything.  

---------------------

Prologue- Leave This Town

The scenery rushed pass the window. Lonely, I stared into nothingness. It was just another house in another city. Again my parents uprooted me from my so called life, and this time we were moving back to my home town, if you even call it that, Cape Girardeau, Missouri.

We had been driving for 12 hours today, and the sun was now coloring the sky red and pink as it was setting. Only 8 more hours, I thought. My eyes were still wondered outside. Catching every detail of the breathtaking mountains, my fingers started to twitch. Pulling out my mini sketch pad, I began drawing, while my mind wandered.

After the 13 years of moving, countless times, I can say I never looked forward to it. From our little apartment in Massachusetts, we packed are few belongings and left. I should be used to these pack and go situations, but I hate leaving a life I just started.

A few more hours down the road, and outside was pitch black. It was an uncomfortable darkness, with no stars shining in the sky. Laying down in the cramped Volvo, I closed my eyes and drifted off into a light sleep.

Snapping my eyes open, I felt the car jolt forward, but what I didn't see caused the most unbearable pain of my life. Again the car jolted forward causing my head to slam into the driver's seat. I noticed an object moving closer to us, I waited for the squeal of the breaks before the impact. "Dad!!" I screamed, "Mom!!" Were they asleep? Could they not see the thing in front of us?

I screamed more panicked then ever, "Wake up!!" but it was already to late. I could tell the enormous rock bolder, was 15ft away, 10ft, mom and dad still weren't awake. Mom stirred in her sleep, and her eyes fluttered open. A scream escaped her mouth. Squeezing my eyes shut, I waited for the impact.

Pain exploded through my body. Arms twisted at unrealistic angles from ramming into the driver's seat. But what hurt the most was hearing mom stop screaming. What if she's dead, I thought. Pushing myself backwards and back on the seat with pain still coursing through my body, I grimaced in pain as I reached forward. Please be alive, I thought. I felt for even a slight pulse, my breath caught in my throat as I realized there was no pulse. Moving over to my dad, I flinched in more pain. I resisted the pain, and kept checking for a pulse.  

Tears welled in my eyes, they couldn't both be dead. I fell back into my seat and cried myself to sleep.  

•••••••••••••••••••••

Blaring sirens woke me up. Bright lights, flickered in the distance, and last night came flooding back in an instant. Breaking down again, I couldn't help but think, it's my fault. If I would have stayed awake, I could have helped my parents stay awake too.

Tears fell from my dry eyes as the hospital people pulled me out of the wrecked car, and laid me on a gurney. I insisted I didn't need one, but after laying down I let my eyes close. I didn't want to live reality anymore. 

--------------------------

3 words-

COMMENT!! 

VOTE!! 

FAN!!