Leave This Town- Ch 4

Ch. 4

~•~Bradley's POV~•~

November 13, 2010 

I know this has been the longest time I've stayed in one place, but I still can't hold onto anything. As much as I like it here, I'm not staying...

"Are you coming Bradley?" asked Lily. Lately we've been getting along, but I still have my doubts about her friends.

"Ya, I'm coming." Putting my journal aside, I said goodbye to Emily. "So who is coming with us?"

"Just Cassidy."

Silence hung in the air, which was fine by me since I was being asked, or more like dragged to the mall. Coming to a stop, Cassidy jumped into the backseat. "Are we seeing the movie first, or shopping?"

Lily was quite for a second, thinking, "Lets go to the movies cause the first showing is in a half hour."

"Please tell me we are not seeing a chick flick," I begged, knowing well enough they would force me see whatever movie they wanted.

"You really think we'd make you see another chick flick with us?" asked Cassidy.

"How should I know?" I replied, "Now just answer the question."

Before Cassidy could answer, Lily cut in, "We are seeing Unstoppable." 

Within a couple minutes of chatting, we reached the mall. As usual, on a rainy day, the mall was crowed and so were the lines to the theaters. After buying tickets and snacks,we made our way into theater 13. Only one row contained three seats next to each other. Making our way up the stairs, we filed into the row. Lily tensed in front of me before sitting, and I thought nothing of it, even though I should have.

By the end of the movie, everyone was on the edge of their seats. Standing up to leave, I felt a yanking on my sore arm from the pressure and tension of Cassidy, who was holding onto me throughout the movie. "Who are you?" I asked turning around and seeing an unfamiliar face.

"Stay away from my girl."

"Um... I think you have the wrong person."

"I know who you are," he spat, "Just stay a-"

"Jade!" both girls yelled. Lily stood in front of me and Cassidy behind, but both looked unsettled.

"I might not know who you are or what you've done, but just leave Cassidy and Lily alone." Jade looked taken back, but still had a steel grip latched on Lily. "Look, Jade, let Lily go. She isn't your problem; I'm your problem."

Slowly, cautiously, he backed away, leaving Lily. The theater was vacant by the time we left. "We're going home Lily." She looked shaken.

"Ya," responded Cassidy.  

Unlike the ride to the theater, the car was dead silent. Not even music was playing.

After arriving home, or at least home for now, Lily and Cassidy went down stairs, while I headed to my room. Walking toward the balcony, I cracked open the doors to let in fresh air.  

My mind was on one track, Jade, but I couldn't pull any comprehendible thought together. I knew it would be best just to let everything out on paper, but I dropped backward onto my bed. The white splattered black comforter, softened as I slipped under the blankets. Eyes fluttering close, I fell into a deep sleep. 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I'm so sorry readers, one because it's short and two because I just haven't been in the mood for writing. Please forgive me. Anyway I hope you enjoyed

VOTE!! 

COMMENT!! 

RECOMMEND!! 

ADD TO LIBRARY!! 

...and whatever else!!