Leave This Town- Ch 3

There are a lot of new characters in this chapter, and it gets a little confusing, but bare with me. Also part of this chapter is interior monologue that I had to write for a school project, so that's why I'm uploading a little later then usual. So enjoy!! :D

-Midnightriter

Ch 3

~•~ Bradley's POV~•~

Beep... Beep.... Beep...

Ugh, I thought, school. Slamming my hand on the annoying alarm clock, I rolled out of bed, still disoriented. Running my hand through my tousled, bed head hair, I changed into a pale yellow shirt and run down jeans.

Grabbing my new backpack, I rushed down the stairs to see Lily walking out the door with keys jingling in her hand.

"Now Lily, you're giving Bradley a ride to school," Emily said sternly.

"Ugh... Fine," she said stalking off to her car. Plopping into the shotgun, the ride was short to West high. Buses circled the drive, dropping off kids. Groups of students were scattered everywhere, chatting about everything. Eyes turned in my direction as I made my way toward the office to retrieve my schedule and locker number.

"You must be Bradley," greeted the secretary, "I'm Ms. Greenberg." Handing me a crisp piece of paper, Ms. Greensburg gave me vague directions to my locker.

Finding the foreign language wing, I scanned the lockers until I found number 482. Spinning my combo the locker opened, but papers littered the whole locker. Shutting the locker before anything else could fall out, I checked over my schedule. First off I had History with Mr. Lloyd.

A bell sounded, signaling the halls to start filling. Getting pushed and shoved throughout the hallways, I couldn't find Mr. Lloyd's room.

Again the bell rang. Kids scattered the hallways, scurrying to their first hour. "Um, do you need help?" asked a girl walking down the hallway.

"Ya, I'm new."

"What's your name?" she asked politely.

"Bradley."

"So Bradley, what do you have first hour?"

"Uh...," looking down my schedule I scanned it once more, "I have history with Mr. Lloyd," I mumbled.

"Oh," she said excitedly, "well actually he's kinda boring, but that's where I'm headed."

"What's your name?" I asked.

"I'm Anastasia, but most people just call me Anna."

Following Anna down the twist and turns of the hallways, we reached Mr. Lloyd's room. His head turned in our direction as we walked in.

"Anna is there a reason you're late?" he asked, "cause-"

"Of course there is," she replied, "I was helping the new student."

Hearing my cue, I steeped into Mr. Lloyd's view. "You must be Bradley," he said. Ugh... I hate introductions. "Would you like to introduce yourself to the class?"

Well, it's not like I could say no Mr. Lloyd. "Hi," I said shyly, "I'm Bradley, and I, um," I could feel my face turning scarlet.

"You can take a seat," said Mr. Lloyd dismissively. All the desks in the back were taken, so I took the nearest seat to me, which just happened to be front and center.

The room was bare. No posters, no windows, just nothing. Pulling out a pencil, I absentmindedly started rolling it on the desk. A monotone lecture on the civil war rotted my brain throughout the first hour.