✨Chapter Sixteen-His Younger Sister

Emily's POV

If someone had told me that I would do this, I would have punched the person so hard that I'd be thrown in jail.

I found myself begging a total stranger to stay at his house. What exactly was wrong with me? I was no longer the same as I was last year. My stay at Grandma's house had changed me. I couldn't believe that I'd prefer to take my chances with this stranger than to find my way back to Grandma's house.

I can imagine Dad's face right now; totally priceless. Red hot steams would probably be coming out of his ears and nose if he could hear and see what his lovely daughter was doing.

"I just need to stay somewhere until I can find my Grandma's house."

"By somewhere are you implying my house because I'm not spending a dime for you to stay in a hotel", Adam said while raising his brows.

I couldn't help staring at his dark brown eyes. His firm long pointed nose stood out amidst the glow of his chocolate skin. His lips looked so round with the well-cut beard that gave him such a graceful appearance. With his well-defined jaw lines, I wouldn't mind them being close to me so I could feel every single bone in it. The only thing hinting that he meant serious business was the two nerves popping out of his head. I guess he looks okay.

In an attempt not to look desperate, I raised my chin up and equally put on a stern look. "Yes,  but if you don't wanna help me out, it's fine, I could just contact the cops and they'll surely help."

Out of nowhere, Adam started laughing; a reaction that I would have never expected. Did I say something funny? I was really mad at him and I began to glare at him until he finally stopped laughing, regaining his earlier composure.

"You think you'll get any help from the police? This is Nigeria and you clearly have nothing to offer them. They don't work on the I'll pay you once you've helped me basis. They will be of no use to you. You are so naive, buckle up this is not the USA."

I knew I had run out of options so I decided to come clean. I had nothing to lose anyway so it was worth a shot.

"The truth is I only know my Grandma's house is somewhere in Victoria Island. She treated me badly and I don't want to stay there anymore, I can't do it." A tear escaped my eye.

"What happened? Tell me about it"

"Let's get going first, it's getting late. I can tell you tomorrow."

He made a face like he was thinking about whether to let me stay at his house or not.

"Fine, let's go you need to recover anyway, I'm not that bad but mind you if I get into any trouble; what am I saying, you are going to sign and I'll record a video of you saying that you came with me of your own free will."

"Whatever, let's go it's getting late."
I didn't get the need for any of that. Was he being serious? He sounds like some lawyer or a criminal who wants to cover his tracks. I hope he's more of the former.

His red car reminded me of Kacy, my bike. I missed her. She was supposed to be a prep for me to get my car but then I got to love her. I was so mad at my Dad back then when he said I had to learn the basics, be careful and other stuff like that but I guess he was right. Kacy got some injuries but I gladly used my allowance to make sure she always looked good. I wished they could send her to Nigeria but Dad kept saying I wasn't leaving forever.

I wonder if Grandma will be worried about me. I can't even call her even if I wanted to thanks to her temporarily seizing all my gadgets. I'm quite glad that she'll be in trouble with my dad if he discovers that I got missing in her care. Serves her right.